Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Posted 15/09/10 10:31 AM Posted 15/09/10 10:31 AM When I test drove a new FG XR6T I could hear the exhaust from inside the car. With my G6ET I cannot hear it.Does anyone know why? Is it due to the muffler? Or some kind of sound deadning. Anyone know where the sound deadning would be.Was also surprised to see a single 3" exhaust instead of twin 2.5" like my old BA XR6T had
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 15/09/10 11:02 AM Posted 15/09/10 11:02 AM g6et would have better nvh (noise/ vibration/ harshness) quality. manufacturures normally put more effort in these areas in higher spec cars.why would you want to make it louder inside? drive with the window down if you want to hear your car...
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 15/09/10 11:02 AM Posted 15/09/10 11:02 AM I'd say being a "luxury" falcon, it would have more sound deadening...I'm pretty sure the exhaust's are the same across the turbo range.
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/09/10 11:06 PM Posted 15/09/10 11:06 PM just remove the centre muffler if you want more sound in your G6ET
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/09/10 10:45 PM Posted 18/09/10 10:45 PM Don't think there's any difference in terms of sound deadening or anything Only thing is how many k's were on the XR that you test-drove? The exhaust note certainly changes after a while.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 19/09/10 02:18 AM Posted 19/09/10 02:18 AM valid point tab, being glass packed straight through mufflers, they will get louder over time...
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Posted 19/09/10 08:13 AM Author Posted 19/09/10 08:13 AM The XR6T had 0030km. I just thought I could hear the note a little more coming through the boot/rear seats.Na dont want to remove the centre muffler as I dont like that cheap sound. I'll see how I go as more k's go onthanks
satz Member 65 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 31/10/10 11:52 PM Posted 31/10/10 11:52 PM Is there more sound deadening in the G6E doors compared to XR6T?I noticed that the G6E doors close with a more solid thunk! Wonder whether it's some internal deadening, or a difference in door seals?Anyone know?cheersS
Banned1 Banned Banned 734 Member For: 16y 19d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra Posted 01/11/10 02:26 AM Posted 01/11/10 02:26 AM funny thing I noted, the manual has much more spool induction noise than the auto... other than that, mine is quiet as a mouse !
Johnny G Team Grandpa Qualified Legacy Donating Member 809 Member For: 21y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North. Posted 05/11/10 11:24 AM Posted 05/11/10 11:24 AM Under bonnet mat, under boot lid mat? Do they all have those?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now