sambo_xr6t Member 157 Member For: 17y 2m 24d Posted 04/10/10 11:34 PM Posted 04/10/10 11:34 PM think I might try nulon then I have been using royal purple for last year
rad Legacy Donating Member 48 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: NZ Posted 05/10/10 06:13 AM Posted 05/10/10 06:13 AM I was running nulon but switched to castrol edge for a try but will go back to nulon as I'm sure my motor is noisier than with the nulon.(am running an earlier forged atomic motor)
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Posted 05/10/10 09:09 AM Posted 05/10/10 09:09 AM Changing oil and filter nearly always improves the feel of a car, especially if using decent oils. There could be a myriad reasons for this phenomena stemming from the complex nature of engine oil and its interaction with the engine and filter over time.Lifting or jacking a car can change the feel of the car for a short time. Lifting or jacking can make pesky noises completely disappear, albeit for a short time, as the suspension unloads and takes time to settle back.Tightening the suspension and other bolts of your under car will profoundly improve the feel and refinement of the car.Regards,aa
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/10/10 09:54 AM Posted 05/10/10 09:54 AM If I am not mistaken Nulon is Australian Yes.I ran it change it every 7500 km, it worked.The Great Scott
Smoke them tyres Member 557 Member For: 18y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/10/10 10:51 AM Posted 08/10/10 10:51 AM (edited) Oil manufacturers add lots of additives to their "base stock"......dispersants, anti wear agents, extreme pressure agents, anti oxidation agents etc etc.Nulon is a great product and I use it in anything I can.....with always good results. A great QUALITY additive that should be used. Clumping/blockage issues have never happened to me in 20 years of using it, whether the engine has a filter required or not.Engines, gearboxes (particularly sychros), power steering, diffs have always run better, quieter, smoother and longer and with less wear than without.No, I am not employed by them or have a relative that works for them. Just an honest opinion on a great product.No, you are not losing your mind. Engines DO run quieter with Nulon. Any personal issues may be another matter though........we all have those Edited 08/10/10 11:02 AM by Smoke them tyres
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/10/10 12:56 PM Posted 21/10/10 12:56 PM I'm a recently converted Nulon user and love it..for price, value and Aussie made it's hard to beat; however you do need to change every 7000km-ish as I found that they do get blacker/darker at that interval compared to Mobil.
YOB POM Member 140 Member For: 21y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Jimboomba Qld Posted 28/12/10 02:54 PM Posted 28/12/10 02:54 PM Don't know about their oils, but you have to support a company that puts out a product called A great way to break piston rings!Aero Start was designed to be used on clapped out diesels with low compression,use it on anything with good sealing rings and you run a very real risk of breaking rings.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 28/01/11 09:06 AM Posted 28/01/11 09:06 AM Ive always had great results with nulon products, jump on their site and take the tour through the factory, no sh*t you could eat off the floor!!now that's saying something for an OIL factory...I find their prices very competitive compared to the upper classed brands such as elf,mobil,motul.
brownhornet Legacy Donating Member 124 Member For: 18y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/01/11 12:52 PM Posted 28/01/11 12:52 PM I'm a recently converted Nulon user and love it..for price, value and Aussie made it's hard to beat; however you do need to change every 7000km-ish as I found that they do get blacker/darker at that interval compared to Mobil. agreed - the nulon does seem to go dark very quickly around the 7 - 8k mark compared to Mobil 1. Why is this? Lawsy, thoughts?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Posted 28/01/11 05:39 PM Posted 28/01/11 05:39 PM its the detergents doing their job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now