Jump to content

Herrod Sure Shift


Recommended Posts

Guest blueXRT
  • Guests
Posted

Just found out about the Herrod Sure Shift when enquiring about the suspension and was hoping I could get some thoughts from people who have it and weather or not it improved the quality of the shifts etc. To have it installed was approx $600 which is not cheap. The rep was saying it shortens the throw by 40%. Are these things meant to shorten the throw, improve the shift or both? Also are there any other similar suppliers/products anyone has used which they would recommend?

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
Posted

G'day blueXRT. Have a look at these threads:

XRT Gearbox rough

Lightning shift

In answering your question. I haven't yet found anybody with a short shifter fitted to a BA. I think when my car comes up for the 15000km service I will get them to change the gearbox oil to something different and I will probably go see Herrod for their sureshift as well.

Cheers,

Chris.

Guest herrod motorsport
  • Guests
Posted
Just found out about the Herrod Sure Shift when enquiring about the suspension and was hoping I could get some thoughts from people who have it and weather or not it improved the quality of the shifts etc. To have it installed was approx $600 which is not cheap. The rep was saying it shortens the throw by 40%. Are these things meant to shorten the throw, improve the shift or both? Also are there any other similar suppliers/products anyone has used which they would recommend?

Demand for the sureshift has been way beyond greater than we expected and response from our customers has been nothing but positive.our shift is 100% australian made and wil reduce the shift throw by 40% changing from 2-3 is vastly improved.Test one in a car and that's all you have to do as the feel of the shift sells itself.most of our dealers will have one fittd in a vehicle to test

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I'm having one fitted on Wednesday in Sydney, so I'll give some feedback.

If demand is so great, I would have expected some feedback from members on this forum.

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m
  • Location: Kurrajong, Sydney
Posted
I'm having one fitted on Wednesday in Sydney, so I'll give some feedback.

If demand is so great, I would have expected some feedback from members on this forum.

Brian

Bear in mind that the Turbo isn't the only BA with a manual shifter....

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

Yeh Rob you told me about this the other day.. sounds great :spit:

  • Proud Team Blueprint member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 18d
  • Location: Perth
Posted
In answering your question. I haven't yet found anybody with a short shifter fitted to a BA. I think when my car comes up for the 15000km service I will get them to change the gearbox oil to something different and I will probably go see Herrod for their sureshift as well.

Hey cdm, by all means have a go with the Herrod shifter if you wish, but knowing a bit of the background to the oil used in the manual transmission and the reasons why, I would suggest that you tread very carefully if considering anything different.

The product used in it was rather extensively tested, and modified to specifically meet the requirements of the transmission, namely to make it live.

The product is a full synthetic so anything different might compromise the shift performance or the potential longevity of the transmission. :unsure:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
Posted

Thanks for the advice Davo. I must admit, I am no expert on what oil to use and was purely basing my thoughts on what I have read on the forum. Having said that, I think I will do a bit more research before I do change it!

Look forward to hearing a review from bcl on this product!

Cheers.

Guest blueXRT
  • Guests
Posted

Well I took Robs advise and went for a drive today although I could not find a dealer in Sydney with the short shift in a T5 box only the tremac?? I must say the shift greatly improves not only in throw but has a quality feel as well. I was assured by the dealer that this would be the same for the T5??

Brian, I look forward to reading your thoughts once installed. While testing the sure shift I aslo tested the Herrod springs again on an XR8 but I was mainly testing to see what impact it had on the ride when cruising and trvelling over sydneys roads(wholes) and it had very little impact but the extra balance/control is certainly noticable.

  • Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
wil reduce the shift throw by 40% changing from 2-3 is vastly improved.

So the throw from first to second in a T is now 66mm with one fitted?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...