Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I am sure some of you, as I, have struggled with a good place to put your sunnies when they are not in use.

A good solution is to fit the Fairmont Roof Console, which has a very nifty compartment for sunglasses and other small items you want to store out of sight.

Be warned though, it is a difficult job, and involves taking the roof lining out, making special brackets, and cutting a larger hole, so if you plan on going this route, maybe better to get the trim guys at your local dealer to fit it.

See attached picture for final result.

post-5-1043159408.jpg

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Ninka do you know the part no.s for it and rough cost of parts alone without the instal?

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Ninka,

I had the same thought. I have a AUII and I use this for my sunnies. People have said that they get hot up there. I have never had this. I had hoped that the install would be simpler than the "remove head lining etc" Bugger... Let us know the costs and I may get the guys to do this as part of their dealer delivery bit.. I had hoped that the light assy. in the roof would hold it in some how..

Oh well..

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
Ninka do you know the part no.s for it and rough cost of parts alone without the instal?

Part no. is: BA F519A58 A6L

Suggested List Price: $180

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 18d
  • Location: Country NSW
Posted

This has been my biggest gripe about my new car. And the ONLY thing I miss from my AUII XR6. Why did Ford take it away? :(

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

They took it away cos some people b**ched cos they removed Hot sun glasses from the roof console and they burn their face... I would have thought they would have waited for the glasses to cool down a little first. I miss this feature also. I may put one in mine.. mine has not been built yet so I will see when I get it..

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
Posted

I feel the same way bdennis. I'm going from an AU2 XR6 to a BA XR6t (both utes), and am quite dissapointed that the roof console has been dropped.

Even worse, they didn't include an alternative place to store sunnies. I would have liked to see something like the little flip up arm rest in the AU fairlanes.

Looking at the interior of the BA though, I think the roof linning in the utes is the same as the AU, so I may be able to fit an AU roof console to the BA.

Anyone know different?

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

PURSUTE,

The Sunnie holder is standard in the BA Fairmont (or Giha not sure). The front reading lights in the BA are different to the AU. Do we will need ot order the BA sunnies holder. See post from ninka above for Part number..

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 24d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Just to add some useless information, I have found the ever present drinkholder to be excellent place to store the sunnies. Put in the correct way they don't move, are cool to put on and very easy to get to... :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
Just to add some useless information, I have found the ever present drinkholder to be excellent place to store the sunnies. Put in the correct way they don't move, are cool to put on and very easy to get to... :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you.. nice place to put your mobile phone too :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...