Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Just can't get past the name. Electronic tampon? Surely they could have done better than that :buttonit:

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

iPads suck for typing, as the onscreen keyboard is not friendly in comparison to the thumb typing on smartphones.

This is one area that really lets it down.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Think I should have added a poll... :spoton:

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

No havent been sucked into that marketing scam...yet...

At least the iPhone serves a need that people require on a daily basis, you can use to make calls amongst a 1000 other things. The iPad on the other hand is just that, a pad, that is not a phone nor a netbook.

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

You can use them as a phone...

It would just look really bizarre!!! LOL

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

iPhone serves a HUGE need - we all need an app of a dog licking the screen, after all...

Oh and then there's the Domino's app that lets you order their DELICIOUS pizza stirthepot.gif

I find the whole 'app' craze hysterical frankly.

But anyway I'm clearly not an Apple fan.

I must admit though the iPad does look kinda cool - but I agree that all it is, is a gimmick.

The thing has 32Gb of storage farken, and is good for 'light' use really. I don't think it is an alternative to a netbook at all. It's more expensive than your average netbook yet less powerful with less storage.

Spend on a telly, you can even get one with integrated wi-fi these days so can stream direct to the tv

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

ipad = ripped off, HP Atom based laptops with USB ports are under $600, have PROPER bluetooth, Wifi, 3G module, SD Card reader and this new thing that Americans have never heard of... USB (somehow missing on the ipad)

I have 2 jobs, for one I have an iphone (have no choice) and the other I have a blackberry, the iphone battery lasts 1 day with push email and the blackberry lasts 1 week with 5 push emails.

The iphone is rated for 300 charge cycles to the battery, now if I charge it everyday because its dead flat (everyone in the office has the same problem)then how many days will my overpriced POS last?

The best ipad alternative is a HP slate, look them up, tablet PC's have been around forever, all of a sudden you remove any features that a user may need and its called a revolutionary device that everyone wants

  • Dr. Speed
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics
Posted

I don't see all the fuss. They are useless!

They are too big to be a PDA type device (they don't even make calls, farkin)

They are too small and don't have the features to be a laptop replacement.

They are a glorified iPod that doesn’t fit in your pocket!! Why the fark would anyone buy one?

Like all Apple products they are marketed at people who think it’s hip to have one. Never mind about functionality, technology or ease of use. Anyone who actually knows what they are talking about, steers clear of the gimmick’s Apple produces in favour of something that actually works well.

Latte sippers and Arts students will buy them by the boat load because it’s cool to own one not because they are actually useful.

P.S - everyone is on about their "fantistic" ability to read eBooks!!! Since when has there been a new found craze of reading farking eBooks?? Its like Apple thinks they have just developed this new fandangled technology called eBooks! They have been around for years and the general populace has never bothered with them, now this thing is out, are you going to tell me that thousands of people are going to start reading eBooks all of a sudden? Give me a break!!

eBooks - new Apple marketing buzz word much?

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

eBook readers also cost a LOT less than an iPad!

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Did I hear right that this thing can't actually play video or display flash? Or is that incorrect?

... are you going to tell me that thousands of people are going to start reading eBooks all of a sudden? Give me a break!!

To be honest I reckon they probably will...that's the power of over-hyped marketing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...