Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 10d
  • Location: Wellington NZ
Posted

Since I do alot of riding ( Horses Ken ) I know full well that you bring your own stick!!!!! Only real problem is were you put that stick on arrival to engauge the manual function. :blink:

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted
Didn't know you could get manual horses ... where's the stick?  :sick:

Ken,

Have often had a chuckle at your posts, but that is surely the single most ridiculous, and funny, thing I have ever read.

Hat's off to you.

BA Turbs

Thank You. :sick:

Guest Mr Walker
  • Guests
Posted
Its amazing where a thread on a XR6T auto running against a GT-P auto can lead really, isn't it. :wub:

Imagine how much you would have beat him by if the T was a manual :pics:

This just keeps getting better :pics:

:idea: hahahahaha Correct me if I'm wrong, (which I doubt). But I believe that the 2 quickest XR6Turbo's at the moment are both auto's. They being Dynosteve's and the Nizpro car. :wub:

Why are the high perfomance tuners going for the auto?????

BECAUSE THE AUTO IS THE BETTER BOX !!!!! :finger:

Yeah, it's better if you want to be in the 11-12 second bracket but not in a standard car...but why am I responding, you obviously already know this and have just tried to change the subject.

Is there any other jokers out there that want to tell me that autos must be better 'cos that's what drag racers use'.

PLEASE

Just 'cos it's got a wanky shifter does it make it any better than the auto in the AU for drag racing? - hardly.

Talk to me when they get the six speed auto and I might consider listening if it's got better ratios, until then keep dreaming.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
Its amazing where a thread on a XR6T auto running against a GT-P auto can lead really, isn't it. :wub:

Imagine how much you would have beat him by if the T was a manual :pics:

This just keeps getting better :pics:

:idea: hahahahaha Correct me if I'm wrong, (which I doubt). But I believe that the 2 quickest XR6Turbo's at the moment are both auto's. They being Dynosteve's and the Nizpro car. :wub:

Why are the high perfomance tuners going for the auto?????

BECAUSE THE AUTO IS THE BETTER BOX !!!!! :finger:

Yeah, it's better if you want to be in the 11-12 second bracket but not in a standard car...but why am I responding, you obviously already know this and have just tried to change the subject.

Is there any other jokers out there that want to tell me that autos must be better 'cos that's what drag racers use'.

PLEASE

Just 'cos it's got a wanky shifter does it make it any better than the auto in the AU for drag racing? - hardly.

Talk to me when they get the six speed auto and I might consider listening if it's got better ratios, until then keep dreaming.

From the few runs I've had with T manuals I've got the better of them but they probably weren't as good a driver as you Mr wa*ker oops Walker

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 27d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

My ute is a manual and modified - 350hp ATW. My mate has a standard (apart from the centre muffler removed) auto turbo. Off the start fair dinkum, my ute is a downright bee-atch to launch so guess who has two car lengths head start???? :angry:

But guess also who gets mowed down by a hissing and popping Citric Acid ute after traction is restored....... :D

I am very impressed by the auto and my next turbo (series 2) will nearly be an auto - IF they don't put a stronger trans in the manual. The autos are awesome and don't forget, I own a manual one. And the noises are getting worse.... :(

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I am very impressed by the auto and my next turbo (series 2) will nearly be an auto - IF they don't put a stronger trans in the manual. The autos are awesome and don't forget, I own a manual one. And the noises are getting worse.... :(

Hmmmm, I asked Dynosteve what he has done to strengthen his auto box the other day, and you know what he said? Nothing! that's right, he has done nothing to his auto! 590hp or whatever he is pushing, and he aint done a thing to his transmission.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
But guess also who gets mowed down by a hissing and popping Citric Acid ute after traction is restored....... :D

Turbo6 Idon't think there are many cars around that your car wouldn't mow down-Legendary stuff mate :pics:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Yeah, it's better if you want to be in the 11-12 second bracket but not in a standard car...but why am I responding, you obviously already know this and have just tried to change the subject.

Is there any other jokers out there that want to tell me that autos must be better 'cos that's what drag racers use'.

PLEASE

Just 'cos it's got a wanky shifter does it make it any better than the auto in the AU for drag racing? - hardly.

Talk to me when they get the six speed auto and I might consider listening if it's got better ratios, until then keep dreaming.

I hope to get my car to the high 12's or very low 13's. I think that with the current choice of boxes in the "T", that the auto is the better option at the moment. Dynosteve's box is proof that it can take the power and Turbo6 is an example of what may happen to the manual. I know that there are lemons and peaches of both boxes but I feel that the average auto box is preferrable to the average manual in the series 1 "T". I also feel that with the "T's" torque coming on so early, that with an increase in power the manual could be hard to launch with no or little wheel spin, which would slow it down. The main reason I bought the auto was because of the way the manual was "bagged" in the press. If I was able to afford a GT I would definately get the manual, though I would probably regret it in Melbournes peak hour (that lasts 3 hours :wub: ) traffic.

Regarding the wanky shifter. I only use it to hold a gear and usually let the car do the cogs itself. I found at Calder that the auto in performance mode was the best option.

regards Geea. :sick:

Guest Mr Walker
  • Guests
Posted
From the few runs I've had with T manuals I've got the better of them but they probably weren't as good a driver as you Mr wa*ker oops Walker

Clearly.

Look, the point I'm trying to make is that in the AU for example, no one raved about the auto XR6/XR8 being faster than the manual XR6/XR8 - why? 'Cos they're not! What's the difference now? Yeah, I know were talking about Turbos not N/A cars and that it stays spooled up blah, blah, blah but other than the shifter, how different is the auto and how much better is it in straight line performance than in the AU?

All I'm saying (as I have many times) is that the best time by a STANDARD car will be put down by a manual as it has better ratios and less drivetrain power losses. It may lose 9 out of 10 races to the auto as the auto will be way more consistent BUT the manual will post the FASTEST time.

Any intelligent person will realise this. Don't post back and take me out of context and don't tell me about 11sec cars/ consistency/ who's a better driver etc.

Standard Manual vs Auto - all things being equal: Manual = Fastest.

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted
It may lose 9 out of 10 races to the auto as the auto will be way more consistent BUT the manual will post the FASTEST time.

If the manual loses 9 out of 10 races to the auto how can it post the quickest time? :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...