Jump to content

It's Fast


Recommended Posts

Guest raoulc
  • Guests
Posted

I finally found the opportunity to test my new XR6T.

On a very quite road from Deniliquin to Griffith through Conargo in a newly tared road. No one in site for miles and as far as you can see - I gunned it. I didn't go through the gears on high RPM cause its only about 2500kms old but put my foot down on 5th gear (yup - its a manual).

The car was still accelerating when I peaked down to the speedo doing 210kph. Took my foot of the accelerator and back down to my 110km crusing speed. It was absolutely effortless. Quiet, great suspension and a sheer trill.

It was dangerous and had the wandering cop been around - good bye license. The chances of a cop being in such a road was very minimal but on the plus side. I know what this work of art can do.

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Surely you are dead now, coz "Speed Kills"!!! :lol:

Great, that would be Deniliquin to Griffith in the N.T. of course!!!!!!! <_<

Given the right road conditions I am sure our XR6T's will pull 220k's + easily <_<

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra, ACT
Posted

You people tease those of us who are too young to have a license! Only two month's to go though, and lucky me, if I get half the money for an XR6T than my Granddad will chip in the other half! Getting the first half could be tricky though...hmm... :D

Guest harasn
  • Guests
Posted

your turbo XR's will do 230kms hour very easy. unlimited we have seem 265+kms. hold on!!!!!!!!

  • WASP GT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 15d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
your turbo XR's will do 230kms hour very easy. unlimited we have seem 265+kms. hold on!!!!!!!!

Agreed, Motor had the XR6T bouncing off the speed limiter at 229km and claimed it had lots more if the limiter was not there.... :thumbsup:

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

very nice :)

Guest Trevor
  • Guests
Posted

Ford claims to have the XR6T and XR8 limited to 230. Curiosity got the better of me and I had to confirm this for myself, although I won't advertise where.

It is true, the XR6T climbs to 200 kays plus very fast. The last 15-20 take a little longer but once you hit the 230 mark the limiter cuts in.

sh*t this car is good. :thumbsup:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 25d
  • Location: Country NSW
Posted
if I get half the money for an XR6T than my Granddad will chip in the other half! Getting the first half could be tricky though...hmm... :D

Man if you end up with an xr6t as your first car you are one lucky b......! :D But don't forget you insurance at your age it will be a killer. :(

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests
Posted

I have to say (and happily my wife doesn't come to this site....) at 225 it was effortless and felt fantastic!!!!

:D :drivingalong: :D

Guest Mercury[SiLvEr]
  • Guests
Posted

it does say: :blush: speed limited to 230 km/h :nugget: and is also very quick off the blocks :blush: so it IS very easy to reach 225, but when you get upto 190, :D it takes a little bit more time to reach 225 :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...