bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 27d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 24/04/10 03:03 AM Posted 24/04/10 03:03 AM Smoke them tyres,Not sure on the regulator but the reg is stock BA 03 and I would need a retune now as the system should be running richer due to the bigger pump (higher pressure) even with the regulator, plus I want to mod the turbo and actuator.tab,The FG's are smarter and more refined now, saves you that 2-5 seconds of pain on your wrist when starting so I can put more effort into wanking lol
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/10 05:13 AM Posted 24/04/10 05:13 AM It's kinder on the arthritis
Smoke them tyres Member 557 Member For: 18y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/10 11:39 AM Posted 24/04/10 11:39 AM Hi bjc,Thinking that the new higher capacity pump is "overpowering" the std reg....... as it's providing additional flow that the reg can't deal with as it's orifice (metering size) remains standard. The pressure will then top out at what the pump can provide, thus a richer mixture if primed before start?????
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 24/04/10 03:05 PM Posted 24/04/10 03:05 PM (edited) ever since ive had the surge tank with 044 fitted ive had a similar thing as bjc happen. if I turn the key as quickly as possible it will start on the second crank. when really cold it will need 4 cranks. when engine is really hot (like turning it off on a 30+deg day to run into the shop) it can take 6+ cranks and you really have to listen for it. is this the standard fuel reg issue? car has been tuned since the pump was done. Edited 24/04/10 03:08 PM by Paulie2256
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 27d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 24/04/10 07:50 PM Posted 24/04/10 07:50 PM Yeah Smokey that's sort of what I was thinking that the extra flow/pressure is there regardless of regulator (my old supercharged V8 showed this) and the injector duty cycle I think its called or low slope as well will be letting more fuel in at the moment as it was tuned for its previous pressure?Paulie2256,I would have thought that after a tune it would be all good as my mates is fine on his FG turbo and he has 60lb injector with the surge tank and pump. My injectors are just 39lb so would think that if I had 60lb also that the difference would now be bigger down low (ie: even richer) as even though I know tuners can get them to idle great with big injectors I'm not sure it would be a good as my smaller babies?Take it back to your tuner and see what he has to say about it but would think that when its hot it would start quicker not longer due to fuel atomising quicker?
RowdyBurns Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 18y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/04/10 08:42 AM Author Posted 26/04/10 08:42 AM Try turning the key to the on position to prime the pump/system, wait a couple of seconds then start the car or try the opposite, put the key in and immediately crank it over to start.Is there a difference?No difference unfortunately, it's temperamental and will do it both ways, found this out yesterday. I am guessing it is some form of fuel supply issue?
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/04/10 09:24 AM Posted 26/04/10 09:24 AM It could be the crack angle sensor. When it's not starting, try cooling the crack angle sensor with bucket of water and then see if is starts.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 27/04/10 02:02 PM Posted 27/04/10 02:02 PM lol I wouldnt go tipping a bucket of water over a hot engine.
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/04/10 07:01 AM Posted 29/04/10 07:01 AM lol I wouldnt go tipping a bucket of water over a hot engine.Just on the sensor. When they get old they stuff up when they hot and the ecu doesn't know when to fire the spark plugs causing the car not to start.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 30/04/10 03:58 AM Posted 30/04/10 03:58 AM Could be the problem with mine, it only happens on really hot days and if the car has been sitting in the sun all day. Like the beach in the middle of summer. Also, has anyone held the key in the start posision longer than needed?I want to know if the starter stops as soon as it detects ignition.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now