Marc McDonald Member 18 Member For: 16y 10m 12d Posted 11/04/10 09:06 AM Posted 11/04/10 09:06 AM (edited) Hi Guys, I'm looking for some help in achieving a certain turbo flutter shown in this video at 0:37 I really want to get the high pitched flutter achieved here if possible?? I am running a Plazmaman intercooler as seen in the pics below, if anyone can help me out and point me on the right track that would be great, cheers Edited 13/04/10 08:08 AM by Dagabond
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/04/10 09:58 AM Posted 11/04/10 09:58 AM That ain't flutter, that's dose.You need a dose pipe. You don't have an airbox so you're going to have to shove a 90° metal pipe on the front of the turbo and sit it nice and tight against the back of the power steering res and put a small pod filter on it, and you'll need to block off the BOV off too...Do a search for dose pipe, there's sh*t everywhere about it. This is my old car with a dose pipe when I first got it with stock a stock tune:
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 13/04/10 06:59 AM Posted 13/04/10 06:59 AM There is no way I could drive my car sounding like that... would be horribly embarrassed.. a nice Psshhh sound is about all that's required.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 13/04/10 07:22 AM Posted 13/04/10 07:22 AM that sounds crap. I like the normal flutter noise. like dose being whispered.....if you want the long flutter, take off the bov all together.
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 11d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 13/04/10 07:32 AM Posted 13/04/10 07:32 AM crickeys... if mine sounded like that I'd think it would be followed by acne, wet dreams, moving back with the olds and an urge to become a trainee manager at Macca's..But each to their own..
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/04/10 08:42 AM Posted 13/04/10 08:42 AM hahaha Barker...im with /\ these guys though, or just buy a vl.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/04/10 10:39 AM Posted 13/04/10 10:39 AM Yeah it's pretty ghey. I took it off coz of the lack of performance with pure hot air is shocking
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 13/04/10 10:50 AM Posted 13/04/10 10:50 AM Vent stock bov, with small filter on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzlm8A9JMdASounds mint, and not too loud unless you spool it right up (15psi)
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/04/10 01:24 PM Posted 13/04/10 01:24 PM Whats with all the negative opinions? the dude wants a dose, so what. Pm me if you like dude I can point you in the right direction.
Marc McDonald Member 18 Member For: 16y 10m 12d Posted 13/04/10 03:11 PM Author Posted 13/04/10 03:11 PM Haha thanks for all the feedback guys, in an ideal world I would LOVE a loud, sharp Ptschhhhhhh sound but I do not know if I can achieve that with this cooling system in place and the current level of boost (9psi), or is it still possible??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now