BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 31/03/10 07:33 AM Posted 31/03/10 07:33 AM After a few hurdles and hiccups with my '04 mk1 BA Auto Sedan, RDP have managed to successfully tune it to 404rwhp. Mods to achieve this are as follows:Necessary Mods:42lb Bosch Green TopsNizpro SpringsRedback Twin 2.5" Quad Exhaust System3.75" Balistic 100cpi Cat into single 3.5" mild steel to a twin 2.5" collector to match the Redback Sytsem (pics can be found here)K&N Filterand of course Xcal2 with custom tuneMods to make it Easier/Safer:4" Mild Steel Dump8psi Actuator SpringHDi IntercoolerStrengthened 4sp AutoCraig Davies Trans CoolerA replacement fuel pump is on the to-do list, but it's holding fuel pressure very well at the moment, so it may have already been replaced by a previous owner, can only really tell once I pull it out.I haven't driven the car yet, but I'm sure I will be happy with it and I will post the Dyno sheet up when I receive it. Ben
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 31/03/10 08:00 AM Posted 31/03/10 08:00 AM Good to hear mate hope u enjoy the new power make sure u post after your first test drive
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 31/03/10 11:11 AM Posted 31/03/10 11:11 AM Good sh*t ben! Bet u'll be alot happier than when I spoke to ya last! I have had a busy time of late but hopefully give you a buzz next week if your not on holidays and have a look at the dvd player.
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 31/03/10 12:17 PM Author Posted 31/03/10 12:17 PM Much happier with it, makes more power on less boost (12-13psi) and the power comes on a lot smoother.Rolling start @ 40 in 1st just fries the tyresRolling start @ 40 in 2nd starts to break traction at about 80Haven't run through 3rd and 4th, they will have to be left for the strip.Whenever you're ready to do your DVD mate, I have Friday to Monday off this weekend. Might even let you take the koon for a squirt to tempt you into a bigger cooler and exhaust Next stage I guess will be rods, so I'm gonna have to be happy with it for a while.Haven't got the Dyno sheet yet, but will post it up as soon as I do.Cheers,Ben
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/03/10 12:34 PM Posted 31/03/10 12:34 PM Dunno if you guys are aware, but weve organised a Dyno night on at RDP next Firday night. Already about 10 blokes from the other forum attending, would be good to see more faces. I might make a thread up for it tomorrow.
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 7m 27d Posted 31/03/10 12:40 PM Posted 31/03/10 12:40 PM Might be an idea.
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 01/04/10 10:30 AM Posted 01/04/10 10:30 AM Dyno day/night sounds good. Pretty local for me and I might persude a couple of non xrs to come along too. Yeah the dvd player I have to get onto it. ive been lazy. Even if we dont do it man ill head out and have a look at the beast and vice versa. The glass F6 bar is on now and looks heaps better.
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 01/04/10 11:21 AM Author Posted 01/04/10 11:21 AM For sure, I need to check out the fit quality of the glass bar so I can get rid of the tow bar hole in my std one as well I'll be keen to go down to RDP for the dyno night, prob wont run it, but it's aways a pleasure to see high HP cars.Cheers,Ben
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 20/04/10 10:33 PM Author Posted 20/04/10 10:33 PM Graph as Promised
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 20/04/10 10:41 PM Posted 20/04/10 10:41 PM nice mate, hope to see ya out on the next cruise
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now