2010, 600Km Old, Fg Xr6T Turbo Oil Leak?

Sir20B

• Member For: 14y 5m 4d

Hi Guys

Looking through the other threads I cant see anyone else making mention of a similar problem...

Whilst fitting an after market PWR intercooler piping kit (that has just been released) to my otherwise stock 2010 FG Xr6T,I noticed some 10 drops of engine oil about to drop off my front bar under tray! After removal of the front bar it became obvious the oil was infact coming from the intercooler piping... the intercooler feed pipe to

be exact...

It looks as though the intercooler feed pipe was a little loose from factory, and was leting boost to leak.. Though due to the exessive oil inside of the piping created a lovely mess of the inside of bar cover, under tray, part of the radiator and AC condensor...

On closer inspection each of the intercooler pipes were coated in an impressively generous amount of engine oil!

The final pipe leading upto the throttle body had the most of all,resutling in a puddle on the painted floor the size of a tea cup saucer (125mm across...!!)

Further inspection it it became obvious the turbo charger compressor housing is where the oil enters the intake system.

The air feed to the turbo is bone dry and proves the engine is not breathing a drop...

I then proceeded to place the car back to stock, the now oil soaked pipes have popped off twice now.

Ford look to be going to replace the turbo next week so all good.

Next weekend ill be under the car with bucket and sponge cleaning up the mess.

I guess its just one of those things...

Anyone had similar experience?

post-38274-126846617987_thumb.jpg

post-38274-126846619758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dagabond

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 20d

Unfortunately on mass produced cars anything is possible! Be happy that your ford dealer is being reasonable and offering to do the work under warranty - sometimes it can be like taking blood from a stone!

:idunno:

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I watched a video on yout tube I think a week or so ago about the production line of the BA. It was absolutely amazing how much is automated.

Whilst it is nice having a brand spanking new car, I sometimes wonder if it isnt better to by an ex demo that has had all the rough bits ironed out.

that's really bad luck Sir20B although at least you were astute enough to pick it up. Keep us updated with the repairs. Don't forget to use some degreaser. Taht will make mopping the oil up a dam site easier.

Hey Pat, gotta get some diff bush prices off ya. I'mm email ya.

• Member For: 14y 5m 4d

Mmmmmm Blood from stone being the appropriate description....

The after intercooler pipe leading to throttle body at anytime can be

found to have 20cc of oil in it (at anytime even after being emptied the day prior...

Not to mention the oil leaking from just about every hose join on the intake system)

Ford today replaced all the clamps and pcv ((though the feed to the turbo (as

mentioned above) is bone dry))

Ford today confirm the Oil level on the dip stick was "down", yet untill the

car is blowing smoke and/or the turbo compressor wheel is actually making

contact with the compressor housing, the problem as far as Ford head Qtrs

is concerned, isnt a warrantable issue.

Little dissapointed really. 40k car that ive had 3weeks, with (now just over) 1000km

on clock and ive still yet to even red-line it!!

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 22d

I watched a video on yout tube I think a week or so ago about the production line of the BA. It was absolutely amazing how much is automated.

Whilst it is nice having a brand spanking new car, I sometimes wonder if it isnt better to by an ex demo that has had all the rough bits ironed out.

that's really bad luck Sir20B although at least you were astute enough to pick it up. Keep us updated with the repairs. Don't forget to use some degreaser. Taht will make mopping the oil up a dam site easier.

Hey Pat, gotta get some diff bush prices off ya. I'mm email ya.

Got a link?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 9d

Yea that is some bad PR for fraud. Anything like that in a new car is unacceptable. What if it gets to the point of popping the engine before blowing smoke or having the turb wheel touch the housing. Lot more costly for them then. They should sort the problem now while it is still minor.

Id possible try email or get in contact with someone in the higher end of ford so to try overrule the dealer and whoever they deal with.