YOB POM Member 140 Member For: 21y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Jimboomba Qld Posted 19/01/11 06:40 AM Posted 19/01/11 06:40 AM Update I believe it's not 29mm it must be AF as a 30mm will remove it but is pretty sloppy and 29 wont go on Mods if you just want to delete my cock up, delete away.
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m Posted 19/01/11 09:01 AM Posted 19/01/11 09:01 AM Jack the car up with the front a little higher than the back,to get all the oil out of the diff. Bottom bolt of diff cover is the drain bolt and large plug on drivers side of diff housing is the filler hole. Make sure the car is level when you fill it with new oil.
vxr50t Member 134 Member For: 13y 5m 20d Posted 24/08/13 07:48 AM Posted 24/08/13 07:48 AM (edited) I know this thread is old but thought I'd throw it up just for reference for the newer FG owners. I just changed my diff oil at 36k on my 2010 FG sedan and the filler hole is a 10mm hex, drain is still 15mm. Process is still the same, I used new penrite gear oil and threw in a whole tube of nulon diff treatment and blue loctite on the plug threads. Difference is amazing, sounded like I had rocks in my diff prior to oil change and now its so quiet. Will definitely do it more often Edited 24/08/13 07:50 AM by vxr50t
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 21/01/14 05:21 AM Posted 21/01/14 05:21 AM Don't use a ring spanner to undo the drain plug on a BF it gets stuck and ya cant get it out. That's probably why it said earlier to use an open end spanner. Ahhh to hell with convention. 1
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 22/01/14 03:02 AM Posted 22/01/14 03:02 AM I performed this oil change today and it was as simple as explained and certainly as easy as an engine oil change if not easier. A suction pump is the go and a 30mm socket for the filler plug is certainly adequate. A tip on another forum is to make sure you can undo the filler plug before you drain. No sense draining the diff if you can't fill it.It is amazing how filthy the fluid is that comes out but then I don't think its ever been changed on my car.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 22/01/14 05:46 AM Posted 22/01/14 05:46 AM How many kms dude?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/01/14 06:57 AM Posted 22/01/14 06:57 AM 2
Breeze_xr Legacy Donating Member 168 Member For: 14y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 22/01/14 09:17 AM Posted 22/01/14 09:17 AM I have that exact pump and it worked great when I changed the fluid in my diff
Rockatansky Member 591 Member For: 16y 5m 20d Gender: Male Posted 23/04/14 10:10 AM Posted 23/04/14 10:10 AM Yeah mine's leaking too... only a drop over night... should I be worried?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/04/14 05:11 AM Posted 24/04/14 05:11 AM YesTime to put in a new True Trachahaha
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now