JET340 Member 9 Member For: 17y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 24/01/10 03:41 AM Posted 24/01/10 03:41 AM Looking to upgrade the exhaust on my ute n have a few queries, Any feed-back would be apriciated,Looking for a nice Quiet system that will increase power a little ???
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/01/10 04:12 AM Posted 24/01/10 04:12 AM Unless you tune the car, nothing will do that.As soon as you put a better flowing exhaust on the car, it will go into limp mode and drive like crap.The stock exhaust is also good for about 300rwkw. Get an edit if you want a power increase.
kodaz Member 28 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/02/10 11:13 AM Posted 12/02/10 11:13 AM not sure it qualifies as quiet but xforce have a nice 4" for $2500
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/02/10 09:21 PM Posted 12/02/10 09:21 PM If you want a better flowing exhaust that is quiet then just replace the cat but you will need a re tune.
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 1m 25d Gender: Male Posted 12/02/10 09:25 PM Posted 12/02/10 09:25 PM (edited) Xforce's system does not fit the FG UTE... Well it didnt when I got mine fitted as we had to go for another option. As far as I am aware no one does a 4" single for the UTE.. Unless it is custom made.I had a 4" dump made up to match to a Herrod cat back system (dual 2.5"). Not to loud at all but how well it flows im still unsure of. Car makes just over 300 at 10psi so it cant be that bad.. Edited 12/02/10 09:29 PM by Wingnut
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 7m 27d Posted 17/02/10 01:02 AM Posted 17/02/10 01:02 AM If you want a better flowing exhaust that is quiet then just replace the cat but you will need a re tune.Wow really? so the slight increace in exhaust flow and boost will do that? How much would boost go up with just a hi-flow cat?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/02/10 02:31 AM Posted 17/02/10 02:31 AM yer if you just want a little more power I agree with ZAP, just get an edit and leave the stock exhaust.
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/02/10 08:06 AM Posted 17/02/10 08:06 AM Wow really? so the slight increace in exhaust flow and boost will do that? How much would boost go up with just a hi-flow cat?The boost shouldn't go up because the factory boost controller should kept it at the correct level but when I ran my car up on a dyno and then I installed a high flow cat and then ran it up on the same dyno about 2 hours later with the same tune and got and extra 30 rwkw or a 10% increase in power with the same boost level.
Russman Member 38 Member For: 16y 7m 27d Posted 17/02/10 10:59 PM Posted 17/02/10 10:59 PM Cool but you needed ECU work right? What is standard boost?
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/10 09:25 AM Posted 18/02/10 09:25 AM Standard boost is about 7 psi, I was running about 13 psi. I already had ECU work done before I installed to the new cat. I had problems with my car pining so I was hoped the hi flow cat would stop it but it didn't.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now