Best Exhaust For FG XR6T Ute ?

JET340

• Member For: 14y 9m 25d

Looking to upgrade the exhaust on my ute n have a few queries, Any feed-back would be apriciated,Looking for a nice Quiet system that will increase power a little ???

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 6d

Unless you tune the car, nothing will do that.

As soon as you put a better flowing exhaust on the car, it will go into limp mode and drive like crap.

The stock exhaust is also good for about 300rwkw. Get an edit if you want a power increase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 16d

Xforce's system does not fit the FG UTE... Well it didnt when I got mine fitted as we had to go for another option.

As far as I am aware no one does a 4" single for the UTE.. Unless it is custom made.

I had a 4" dump made up to match to a Herrod cat back system (dual 2.5"). Not to loud at all but how well it flows im still unsure of. Car makes just over 300 at 10psi so it cant be that bad..

Edited by Wingnut

• Member For: 14y 2m 18d

If you want a better flowing exhaust that is quiet then just replace the cat but you will need a re tune.

Wow really? so the slight increace in exhaust flow and boost will do that? How much would boost go up with just a hi-flow cat?

• Member For: 15y 4d

Wow really? so the slight increace in exhaust flow and boost will do that? How much would boost go up with just a hi-flow cat?

The boost shouldn't go up because the factory boost controller should kept it at the correct level but when I ran my car up on a dyno and then I installed a high flow cat and then ran it up on the same dyno about 2 hours later with the same tune and got and extra 30 rwkw or a 10% increase in power with the same boost level.

• Member For: 15y 4d

Standard boost is about 7 psi, I was running about 13 psi. I already had ECU work done before I installed to the new cat. I had problems with my car pining so I was hoped the hi flow cat would stop it but it didn't.