berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/01/10 12:58 PM Author Posted 19/01/10 12:58 PM When your finished its awesome moneyHow awesome? Sounds like a decent secure job.
82CNT Member 363 Member For: 17y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North Posted 20/01/10 01:36 AM Posted 20/01/10 01:36 AM From a couple of people I know that have done it I think its 80k then extra for call outs etc. My mate made 120k on his first year out of his apprenticeship. After the tafe in the first year he was taking home 1k a week that's with the OT as all OT is at tradesman wages for some reason.
Craig. Member 563 Member For: 19y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Posted 20/01/10 02:41 AM Posted 20/01/10 02:41 AM The big 3 out in the mines are sparkies, boiler makers and fitters.Find out what you can about these and then make a choice on which way you want to go.I work in an open cut mine. Electricians pretty much run the show as it is such a large part of the industry, so I would probably look at an electrical trade,and not just wiring houses but working for an employer who does a lot of industrial work.
conan Member 25 Member For: 18y 8m 24d Posted 20/01/10 06:47 AM Posted 20/01/10 06:47 AM Just go for it. I am 36 and in my second year of medicine - just for a change. Do something different, don't be put off by naysayers, go at it with determination, and you never take a knock-back as the end of it.
turbo ute79 Member 376 Member For: 18y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: gladstone qld Posted 26/01/10 10:18 AM Posted 26/01/10 10:18 AM diesel fitter, coded welder/boilermaker or electrican would be the go mate. im a fitter machinist and whilst I have no trouble finding work the ones I mentioned above seem to have the most demand out at the mines.
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/01/10 12:44 PM Author Posted 29/01/10 12:44 PM Im currently trying to get into energex mature aged lines man. Pays good once the first 6 months of tafe are up and u get to stay in your capital city. When your finished its awsome moneyHave you actually applied for this?I looked at this job, and it sounded pretty interesting, so I applied and got a response today that I need to go into their office building in the city to do an aptitude test.
Amjagaza Member 30 Member For: 18y 3m 2d Posted 31/01/10 05:17 AM Posted 31/01/10 05:17 AM I turn 32 in a few months and up until a few years ago I worked as a courier in Sydney for 8 years. Out of the blue one day a mate called me and asked if I wanted to work for him down in Albury for a year or two on the Hume Highway upgrade. I thought about it and said "f*ck it, why not?".So I traded my work van in(for the Turbo actually ), and basically moved to a place where I knew almost no-one, and in a job of which I knew absolutely nothing. That was a big call when I look back at it. Now two years later I'm living on the central coast of NSW, 10 minutes from the beach in my house that work is paying the rent AND bills for, with a company ute, on a pretty good wage and I'm not even in management yet....and all I did was work hard.Err I banged on a bit there, good luck anyway mate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now