sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 15d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 13/01/10 08:01 PM Posted 13/01/10 08:01 PM the time and mph are almost the same as mine when I 277rwkw, but I had grippy street legal tyres (federal rs-r's).should be a bit more left in it on street tyres but as power goes up traction is the biggest issue, haven't run mine down the strip since that run.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 13/01/10 09:57 PM Posted 13/01/10 09:57 PM Congratz. I'm hanging to get mine together and get it down the strip at Calder. Awesome for your first time out!
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 14/01/10 12:46 AM Posted 14/01/10 12:46 AM I think in the next couple of weeks I will have mine running a 1/4 out at WSID, should be good though just watching a few runs last night really got me keen, but I have to find the funds to buy a helmet
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/01/10 01:28 AM Author Posted 14/01/10 01:28 AM I was worried about helmet cost. But went down to On two wheels at penrith and picked up a real nice approvedone for 140?!?!? I was heaps stoked.
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 14/01/10 01:43 AM Posted 14/01/10 01:43 AM that's really good, I was thinking it was going to be more like 500, so I am pretty happy that you can get them for that price. What about your XR rims, were they your original ones? I had FPV 18's when I bought it so I will have to try and get some steelies or something...
gregor Member 459 Member For: 18y 1m 19d Posted 14/01/10 01:58 AM Posted 14/01/10 01:58 AM go to mcas at auburn. Think mine was about $60 or something rediculously cheap like that and it has the latest AS/NZS standard.MCAS
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 14/01/10 05:57 AM Posted 14/01/10 05:57 AM Thanks for that Gregor I will certainly have a look, I know that I don't want to spend heaps of cash on that. Anyone know anything about getting some wheels, I guess most people just keep their originals for dragging and the like, but I was dumb and didnt think about that... Although I maybe able to get my brother in-laws Fairmont 17's
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/01/10 06:34 AM Author Posted 14/01/10 06:34 AM yeah man my 17s came on the car. go to a wreckers or keep an eye out around here theres always people getting rid of a few.
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 14/01/10 07:26 AM Posted 14/01/10 07:26 AM I never even thought about that, but it's a great idea I might just steal my brother in-laws old fairmont wheels, seeing as he took my 18's off my hands...
xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 14/01/10 11:16 AM Posted 14/01/10 11:16 AM Do I need a close faced helmet for the drags... I can get an open face helmet, TTH from MCAS for $70, but it's open face...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now