mitch179 Member 30 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Posted 09/01/10 07:02 AM Posted 09/01/10 07:02 AM Just after a bit of advice, I'm looking to buy an XR6T ute and I have found one that I'm quite fond of, but the only thing concerning me would be if it's going to go 'bang' a short time after I purchase it.Might look familiar as I saw it for sale on here mid last year I guess it would have been:2005 Ford Falcon BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo Ute 329RWKW! - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-10 13:03:11 AEDST)Is that power level ok for a ba mk2? Would I be better finding a BF ute and doing the mods myself? I'm kind of in two minds about it, I really do like this one and it already has all the mods that I would do.Any opinions / advice would be appreciated
sensoryamusia Member 398 Member For: 18y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: leeming, PERTH Posted 09/01/10 09:34 AM Posted 09/01/10 09:34 AM I'd get the price down a bit, 28,500 is a bit too steep for a BA.I don't think it's too likely to go "bang", it does have a T56 and good strong clutch,also appears to be tuned by Nizpro which have a great reputation.Best bet would be to get it checked over mate, like all modified cars theres risks to take!good luck, its a good looking ride!
mitch179 Member 30 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Posted 09/01/10 01:54 PM Author Posted 09/01/10 01:54 PM Definitely going to try my best at getting the price down, don't want to spend more than 25k, so I'll see how I go!I will get it checked over thoroughly for sure. I know there are risks just trying to minimise them as much as possible
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/01/10 02:27 PM Posted 09/01/10 02:27 PM The guy is on these forums, cant rememeber user name but someone will know.From what I remember he keeps it in A1 condition. I would buy this in a second. All good quality parts. Top brakes. The lot.
linmup Member 42 Member For: 17y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: brunswick Posted 09/01/10 04:07 PM Posted 09/01/10 04:07 PM mate try buy one standard and do the work yourself slowly at least u know what your doing and get it tuned to how u want it.you dont know what that things been threw trust me dont rush it.u will get bored of it as your gonna want more power.tuned by nizpro I wouldnt trust it well that's my opinion.good luck dude
mitch179 Member 30 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Posted 09/01/10 10:47 PM Author Posted 09/01/10 10:47 PM sounding pretty good so far. I know it might be a bit of a gamble buying already modified but as a result, if all goes well, I stand to save a lot of time and money by going down this route.Also is there anything you should particularly look out for on the utes?any more feedback would be good also!
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 10/01/10 12:39 AM Posted 10/01/10 12:39 AM Haggle the price if you are keen on it , seems overpriced for BA MK 11, ended up selling my old MK11 ute for around 16k, with plenty of mods and 310rwks. Looks a nice ute and the main problems with them (brakes, gearbox, v/springs) have been addressed. All the best with it Mitch.
mitch179 Member 30 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Posted 10/01/10 01:35 AM Author Posted 10/01/10 01:35 AM What would you consider a fair price for it?
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 10/01/10 02:34 AM Posted 10/01/10 02:34 AM Dude contact Qikshift as that used to be his old car and I am 100% sure the guy paid $26500 for it over 9 months ago.If you could get it for around $22K would be a good buy as long as they guy who bought it has treated it like Mark did and not trashed the crap out of it.I think the guy selling it might be in $$$ trouble as he sold his bike not long ago either and I know the sh1t he had to go thru to get a loan for it.Anyways, Contact Qikshift and have a chat to him and see if he can look the car over for you to see if it is the same as it was when he sold it.Cheers & Good Luck.
mitch179 Member 30 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Posted 10/01/10 03:18 AM Author Posted 10/01/10 03:18 AM Ahh! the plot thickens, thanks maximus!I have send qikshift an email, I'll see what he comes back with, failing that I might try giving him a call since I see his number is still in the old FS post.It's a really nice ride so hopefully it all checks out and I can get the guy down on the price.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now