Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Slip Sliding Away
Posted

Well Mark looked after it and it looked immaculate.

Here is his car in a vid I have. Its the second one

And another giving it a squirt from the lights. Its the one on the LHS.

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m
Posted

Ok, so the guy selling it sent me some up to date pics:

Pictures by roblin_87 - Photobucket

Got a couple of dings in that front wheel :X

Judging off the pics .. what would you offer the guy? or would you not even bother? I'm obviously going to check it out or get it checked out but just trying to get an idea.

I'm still on carsales every freakin day trying to find a ute that fits the bill and it's not easy. Are there any other avenues I should be searching?

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

as said mate tell him you have 22k and when or if he needs the money come and see you

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Slip Sliding Away
Posted

Looks like that front wheel has taken a pounding and he hasn't really looked after it the way Mark did.

In saying that all it needs is a good wash/polish and that wheel fixed and she's all good.

No way it is worth what he is asking but I think if you could get it for $21500 and get it polished thru Final Inspection ($350) and a new rim you'll be laughing.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m
Posted

Thanks a bunch for all the advice guys. Motorbikes are more my forte (I need the ute to cart them around)...

I'll throw this guy an offer and see how I go, failing that, the search continues!

to think I almost bought a 6lt SS :X

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m
Posted

Told me I was dreaming and said he wouldnt take any less than $25,500... and the general consensus around here (and redbook) says that's a bit too much, damn.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted (edited)

I think we know which one of you guys is dreaming and it's not you!

Don't get too attached mate. Part of the trick to haggling is that you have to be prepared to call his bluff walk away. There are plenty of cars for sale and there always will be.

If there isn't anything else around that suits you at the moment, just wait a couple of weeks!

How many buyers does he have lined up? None at that price point! If he is actually serious about selling it, he may well be in touch in a few weeks.

Edited by craiginmackay
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m
Posted

I think he wants big money for it because its modded, but mods just dint your back pocket they don't up the resale from my experiences!

I'm back to looking for another one, I'll probably end up stepping for a stocker and just pile up the parts over time to give it a bit more stick!

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Slip Sliding Away
Posted

Mitch this guy has been TRYING to sell if for about 6 weeks now.

For $25K you would want it EXACTLY the way it was when it was sold to him. Immaculate and well looked after.

Seeing it now filthy dirty makes me wonder why do I try and keep my car looking nice when once I sell it the person might not care and treat it like crap.

He must be in money trouble as he was trying to sell his bike at the same time.

He bought it modded so he doesn't need to try and recoup any money back on it.

Give him a call in another month when it will still be for sale and offer him the same again or leave your number and tell him your offer is there if he wants to sell it.

He might just take it as no-one in their right mind will be paying $26K for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...