Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 04:42 AM Posted 05/01/10 04:42 AM (edited) I have been looking into converting a FG inlet manifold to suit my BA.I have so far made a prototype throttle body adapter, and will be fitting it up next week sometime, I'm a slacker..The only problem in making this conversion "affordable" is going to be the fuel rail.To buy one from Ford is near $1000, as it comes complete with injectors, typical rip off scammers.To modify the BA unit to fit the FG is not a option either, as the legs are in different positions and the supply line isin the way also,so making adapters is a no no. I am in looking into making a stainless replacement, it does not need to be fancy but functional, but will still require an aftermarket reg. For those that want bling a billet version could also be a option?? Piping will be up to the owner as there are to many variables, but I am sure we can do something with a sponsor.I am trying to develop a conversion that can be had for well under 1k. Just trying to gauge what interest there might be ona kit so, please let me know.I will keep you posted as things progress Edited 05/01/10 04:43 AM by EGOXRT
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/10 05:53 AM Posted 05/01/10 05:53 AM good move, speaking to atomic, the injectors dont fit into the fuel rail (size difference or something)quick question, do the runners line up/ bolts up?or is that the leg issue you mentioned?
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 06:22 AM Posted 05/01/10 06:22 AM (edited) Runners bolt up in the identical spot. Edited 05/01/10 06:31 AM by EGOXRT
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 07:59 AM Posted 05/01/10 07:59 AM O ring sizes are the same. There seems to be two different length injectors fitted to these. I think the XR's use the 48mm and the F6 the 60mm long injectors.If we make the rail it will not be an issue. I will have to use 6mm spacers under the rail for mine! The other option, and a good one is the ability to use the EV14 48mm injectors, also!
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 05/01/10 08:31 AM Posted 05/01/10 08:31 AM I'd be interested.
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 11:14 AM Posted 05/01/10 11:14 AM I will keep you posted, slowly but surely!
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 05/01/10 11:22 AM Posted 05/01/10 11:22 AM what would be the benefit of changing this/ power im assuming- what are you hoping to gain?
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 11:29 AM Posted 05/01/10 11:29 AM Firstly, you get rid of the standard crossover and miles of piping, which looks like crap and is most likely a restriction.They are a good option to an aftermarket plenum, one car in particular has seen over 600rwkw with one of these.I like to tinker, and this may not be for everyone!
xd turbo Member 58 Member For: 17y 9m 18d Gender: Male Posted 05/01/10 11:37 AM Posted 05/01/10 11:37 AM is there a gain in kw just with a swap? is it only because of he ic piping!
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/01/10 11:45 AM Posted 05/01/10 11:45 AM I will let you know when it's done.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now