Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d
Posted

Hello all, Well have had enough of the 6spd manual and have decided to go with a c4.

Just wondering what the other people that run that box think of it, in around town driveability.

It will be a street car nothing more, sorry maybe down the strip once or twice

but besides that it will be for around town/ daily driver car. Another thing is would I need

to change the diff ratio my understanding seeing it is a manual it is 3:73 would I need to change it

when I get the box put in. Remember VERY QUICK STREET CAR nothing more.

Thank you, Jim

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

It's a great g/box for drag racing and weekend warrior. I personally wouldn't use it for everyday driving. With a decent sized stally and 3 gears fuel economy is not the best. All depends on what your aftre but if your not going to race it then I wouldn't do it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I have a 4spd auto, would it be cheaper to strenghten the original box or get a built c4 with the bellhousing to suit???

leo

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: port hedland
Posted

go the zf mate, what sorta power r u running?

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Putting a ZF in your car would be very expensive I think. without a big stall the c4 can be fine I'm told...

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d
Posted

From what I can remember my guy told me it was going to be a dominater 4000 stally to much I see most blokes

with 2800 or 3000 stallys.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Bloody hell, a 4000rpm stall is for a drag car dude, tell the guy you only want a 2500 or 2800 for street duty otherwise it will drive like a pig and use heaps of fuel...

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d
Posted

Going back to see him Tuesday to get final quote on all the parts, don't know sh*t bout

stallys or transmissions for that fact but from what I reed about them it sounded massive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...