radiorahem Member 134 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 28/11/09 02:15 AM Posted 28/11/09 02:15 AM Hello all, Well have had enough of the 6spd manual and have decided to go with a c4.Just wondering what the other people that run that box think of it, in around town driveability.It will be a street car nothing more, sorry maybe down the strip once or twicebut besides that it will be for around town/ daily driver car. Another thing is would I needto change the diff ratio my understanding seeing it is a manual it is 3:73 would I need to change itwhen I get the box put in. Remember VERY QUICK STREET CAR nothing more.Thank you, Jim
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 28/11/09 04:00 AM Posted 28/11/09 04:00 AM It's a great g/box for drag racing and weekend warrior. I personally wouldn't use it for everyday driving. With a decent sized stally and 3 gears fuel economy is not the best. All depends on what your aftre but if your not going to race it then I wouldn't do it.
radiorahem Member 134 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 28/11/09 07:39 AM Author Posted 28/11/09 07:39 AM Well if not c4 then what would you say maybe the ZF
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 28/11/09 08:16 AM Posted 28/11/09 08:16 AM I have a 4spd auto, would it be cheaper to strenghten the original box or get a built c4 with the bellhousing to suit???leo
Brandonn Legacy Donating Member 2,304 Member For: 18y 24d Gender: Male Location: port hedland Posted 28/11/09 08:27 AM Posted 28/11/09 08:27 AM go the zf mate, what sorta power r u running?
radiorahem Member 134 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 28/11/09 08:47 AM Author Posted 28/11/09 08:47 AM Pushing 360rwkw at the moments but have been told could push more through my setup.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/11/09 12:23 PM Posted 28/11/09 12:23 PM Putting a ZF in your car would be very expensive I think. without a big stall the c4 can be fine I'm told...
radiorahem Member 134 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 29/11/09 03:30 AM Author Posted 29/11/09 03:30 AM From what I can remember my guy told me it was going to be a dominater 4000 stally to much I see most blokes with 2800 or 3000 stallys.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 29/11/09 09:54 AM Posted 29/11/09 09:54 AM Bloody hell, a 4000rpm stall is for a drag car dude, tell the guy you only want a 2500 or 2800 for street duty otherwise it will drive like a pig and use heaps of fuel...
radiorahem Member 134 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 29/11/09 10:12 AM Author Posted 29/11/09 10:12 AM Going back to see him Tuesday to get final quote on all the parts, don't know sh*t bout stallys or transmissions for that fact but from what I reed about them it sounded massive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now