Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Looking through the Nolathane catalog I noticed they have a 1" lowering block kit for BA/BF utes and wagons.

I was under the impression that you could not use lowering blocks does to shock absorber clearance etc. Surely they would not make the kit if it could not be used?

Anyone used one of these?

Cheers.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

personally I would prefer these over the Herrod lowered leaf, mine used to tramp something terrible. Where as the stock spring would hardly ever tramp...

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

You can get away with 1" Lowering blocks, but that's it - if you have 20's you may ba able to squeeze a 1.5" in there.

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

senna_T, have you seen or fitted these kits before? Are they any good?

A 1" drop in the back is more then enough.

Cheers.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I used them in my ba ute when I had it and worked a treat

they are technicaly illegal but I didnt care

brett

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yarrawonga
Posted

I thought it was legal as long as the lowest point of the vehicle is above 100 mm?? maybe wrong but would be a better option than using the aluminium ones

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 17d
  • Location: sydney
Posted

all lowering blocks r illegal due to the added strain they put on the springs

that the rule in nsw may be diffrent in other states

but as long as u keep a sensable hieght no one tends to pick on them

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cranni vic
Posted (edited)

my brother used them on his persuit ute, it has 20"s though, ive been for a ride in it and it is not as smooth as it youst to be e.g feel alot more bumps than it youst to but damn it sits low now, tuff as here is after and before. the before is a bit sh*t but look at the differance from the back guard to the rim

post-38219-125869333908_thumb.jpg

post-38219-125869336342_thumb.jpg

Edited by seeman
  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

seeman, are you sure he used 1" blocks? That looks like more then a 1" drop to me.

From my understanding all that these blocks do is move the diff up buy adding the block spacer between the spring and the diff. I do not see how this would put extra strain on the springs.

I'll give them a try and if the are :spoton: I'll pull em back out :shocked:

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cranni vic
Posted

im not too sure how much it dropped but he got them from pedders and they were like 80 or 100 dollars, and they were called lowering blocks so im pritty sure that is it yer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...