ChoCCo Member 68 Member For: 18y 6m 22d Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/11/09 09:57 AM Posted 04/11/09 09:57 AM Hey all,I tried searching around on the forum for answers I've been looking for but got no luck.I Got a few questions;What im wanting to do is install an aftermarket head unit under the bog standard ICC (not premium), 5 channel amp, 4 5x7" all round and my sub.. now I want to get it all fitted. JB have quoted me a little over $300 to do the install but I did the install in my old car so im more than happy to do it again myself and save some $$ (JB can do the deck cos I really CBF)Does the tissue compartment have to be cut in the middle to fit the head unit? or is there aftermarket housing that u can just replace the stock one with?I've never done audio in a falcon so is all this worth the head f**k or should I just get JB to do it for me and be done with it?Cheers- Christian
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 04/11/09 10:23 AM Posted 04/11/09 10:23 AM $300 install sounds pretty good for what you are doing if that is to install everything. There are after market units to fit where the tissue box holder is! I'll try and find some links for you! JB should be able to get for you anyway. From memory they are around $100ONE HERE
ChoCCo Member 68 Member For: 18y 6m 22d Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/11/09 10:28 AM Author Posted 04/11/09 10:28 AM Yeah I just came across that.. ASL do a similar one as well for $50.U reckon JB will hook up the 2 USB ports as well? lol
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 04/11/09 10:29 AM Posted 04/11/09 10:29 AM Why not it is part of the install to get the deck in!
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/11/09 10:47 AM Posted 04/11/09 10:47 AM Got mine done at Freeway car audio for $200. The fitted the HU and ipod cable, supplied and installed the facia, and hooked up my amps to the deck (Had it all running of an LC6 previously so not a BIG deal to hook up the amps)I guess you could do the rest and save maybe $100, but JB's quote doesnt sound bad at all..
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/11/09 10:52 AM Posted 04/11/09 10:52 AM Heres a link to my thread... bit more infohttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/Head-Unit-Installed-t53255.html&p=799154&hl=head%20unit&fromsearch=1#entry799154
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 06/11/09 02:13 AM Posted 06/11/09 02:13 AM Just do a 15 mins ring around and find out what some of the good private owned installers will charge then - bam you have your answer on the costing.As for doing it yourself - if you have been there and done that, its not much different on the Ford to any other piece of poo car... Its a head fark only if you cant really be bothered I guess or not really all that sure what your doing...If it was me - been there done that... but....aaaahhhh pass, to old and cant be farked anymore!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now