Full Stereo Install (Ba/Bf)

ChoCCo

• Member For: 16y 1m 5d

Hey all,

I tried searching around on the forum for answers I've been looking for but got no luck.

I Got a few questions;

What im wanting to do is install an aftermarket head unit under the bog standard ICC (not premium), 5 channel amp, 4 5x7" all round and my sub.. now I want to get it all fitted. JB have quoted me a little over $300 to do the install but I did the install in my old car so im more than happy to do it again myself and save some $$ (JB can do the deck cos I really CBF)

Does the tissue compartment have to be cut in the middle to fit the head unit? or is there aftermarket housing that u can just replace the stock one with?

I've never done audio in a falcon so is all this worth the head f**k or should I just get JB to do it for me and be done with it?

Cheers

- Christian

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 29d

$300 install sounds pretty good for what you are doing if that is to install everything. There are after market units to fit where the tissue box holder is! I'll try and find some links for you! JB should be able to get for you anyway. From memory they are around $100

ONE HERE

beerchug.gif

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

Got mine done at Freeway car audio for $200. The fitted the HU and ipod cable, supplied and installed the facia, and hooked up my amps to the deck (Had it all running of an LC6 previously so not a BIG deal to hook up the amps)

I guess you could do the rest and save maybe $100, but JB's quote doesnt sound bad at all..

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

Just do a 15 mins ring around and find out what some of the good private owned installers will charge then - bam you have your answer on the costing.

As for doing it yourself - if you have been there and done that, its not much different on the Ford to any other piece of poo car... Its a head fark only if you cant really be bothered I guess or not really all that sure what your doing...

If it was me - been there done that... but....aaaahhhh pass, to old and cant be farked anymore!

:roflmbo: