rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Location: Sydney Posted 18/09/03 10:58 AM Posted 18/09/03 10:58 AM Hello everyone,I took my car to an exhaust place to see if they can do something minor to my car to make the exhaust a little bit louder (pretty much to be differet from the std exhausts sound). Also my funds are not crash hot to consider for a full exhaust for sound and performance, therefore something that was not that expensive but gave a noticeable difference in sound only.Boy was this a mistake. My car now sounds really beefy and like it's on steroids, but there was a catch, I HAVE LOST A NOTICEABLE AMOUNT OF POWER. Therefore I look to your advice to see if anybody has changed there exhaust system and may have the slight possibility of retaining the std system. I have called Ford and they advised $850.00 for just a muffler. I need the system which also includes the second muffler as well.So any help would be appreciated if you are willing to sell or do a deal. I do not have alot of funds but thought I'd just ask.Thanks guys,RJS
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Posted 18/09/03 11:19 AM Posted 18/09/03 11:19 AM when did you do it mate?does the exhaust place still have your muffler(s)? :(
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 18/09/03 11:31 AM Posted 18/09/03 11:31 AM We did this at first and it did not affect power at all and it should not affect power as it is a straight though muffler.if they welded the new pipes in did they use surge protector on the battery this may have affected the computor if they did not use one.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Location: Sydney Posted 18/09/03 09:27 PM Author Posted 18/09/03 09:27 PM I did it just recently on the weekend.I am not sure on whether they used a surge protector, but when Ford had a look at it they said something about back pressure affecting the cars performance when removing the muffler.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 18/09/03 10:11 PM Posted 18/09/03 10:11 PM Junior,I have my old full exhaust.. Ill be able to work something out with you mate.. drop me an email at work.CheersChris
Guest Guests Posted 18/09/03 10:36 PM Posted 18/09/03 10:36 PM rjs dont touch the rear muff,the centre muff is the one to remove.Ive just done it ,Ive got more grunt down low and it sounds good ,not loud at all unless you want it to be. Will post some pics later.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 18/09/03 10:40 PM Posted 18/09/03 10:40 PM I can understand where you're coming from.Hmmm, the exhaust system that's now on the N/A, great thing is that it sounds quite nice and not that noticable when cruising, hehe, just turn prem sound up a wee bit. Give it some stick and man.....WOHOO, It's back to the old days of the XC GS Hardtop I had. Loud, V8'ish......I know I'm a long haired hoon. hehe. :D Love it.Although I might get sick of it later in life, need to stay young so it doesn't become a problem, luckily it's now a cruise car, not the work horse, otherwise yes I would get sick of the rumble very quickly......Got some looks driving to work today B)I wanted it so it's my fault entirely. Just need to learn that I don't have to go everywhere like a bat out of hell and it will be fine. Way more economical, barely noticed the fuel guage move. Only when I flaw it...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/09/03 11:06 PM Posted 18/09/03 11:06 PM This problem sounds familiar. A very good friend of mine was mucking around with his exhaust on his T, and he gained power, but lost torque. strange.....
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/09/03 12:37 AM Posted 19/09/03 12:37 AM Our good friend and Sponsor Rob Herrod from Herrod Motorsports will donate the standard cat-back exhaust for the XR6 Turbo at no charge.Thank you Rob for helping out a very loyal member RJS has helped me out many times to plan cruises and events, and does a lot for this website.I'm glad we could pay him back (so to speak). :D
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 19/09/03 12:59 AM Posted 19/09/03 12:59 AM I want to personally thank Rob Herrod for helping out a really nice and sincere member.. Please support Herrod Motorsports anyway you can!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now