Dagabond

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

What a great race!!! Regardless of the result it was good to see it pretty close right to the end. I would of liked to see rick kelly get out of the bloody way alot earlier to let someone have a good crack at tander but that's racing I spose. I watched every last second & loved it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 8m 16d

I'll appluad his effort of defending his position in an average handling car for close to 40 laps. A tail happy car on a wet circuit takes a lot of talent to keep straight let alone defend your position with someone up your clacker.

At the end of the day he was defending second place so had every right not to let the others pass. None of them could match his outright speed in a straightline so they couldn't get close enough under brakes if they couldn't pass it's not his job to yield and sit wide to let them through.

• Member For: 15y 7m 18d

Can't stand Tander, got away with so much. Can't stand Skaife, or the Kelly brothers. Murphy is on the borderline for me, as well as Ingall.

The teams on the podium at the end deserved to be. It was good to see Holdsworth/Caruso up their strangely, think they did quite well.

I didn't really look too much into it, but having a quick look was it 19/11 Holdens/Fords?? If that's correct, or close to correct, then its just a numbers game. I'm over the supercar series. They should make a universal shell and not tell anyone if they are holdens or fords or whatever, and have people backing teams instead of the badge, cuz that's what wins the races now, not the cars, not so much the drives either, but good team management.

• Member For: 17y 7m 25d

It's a sign of things to come, and certainly what Ford deserves. When will Ford get it, either commit to spending some money on the racing, or none at all. All that a token effort acheives is to give Expensive Daewoo someone to decimate at every event.

I didn't mind the racing, and thought 888 put in a good fight, continually getting the lead back after being way back in the field.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 30d

Glad it happened, will teach Ford a lesson for pulling out on sponsorship. They don't deserve a win.

Russ.

Ain't that the truth. I stopped watching it about a year ago. Ford got what they deserved there management and marketing is fcuked as there quality control IMHO

Edited by hypnodoc