faygun Member 389 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/09/03 04:05 PM Posted 19/09/03 04:05 PM Guys, I got a NA XR6 lets get this team up and running
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/09/03 09:10 PM Posted 19/09/03 09:10 PM Yeah watch it. BARA and I will start "Team N/A"...lol. <looks on forum for any sign of Ken> I'm in!!!!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 20/09/03 04:13 AM Author Posted 20/09/03 04:13 AM Oh Crap, I've created a monster! Any other N/A drivers out there?
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 20/09/03 05:29 AM Posted 20/09/03 05:29 AM Dyno resultsOK, before the work, the 'Real world' result was around 155 HP @ RWAfter the Enhancement mods:Dyno 'Real world' mode: 213+ HP @ RWDyno 'Shoot out' mode, ahh I love it: 232.6 HP @ RW 233 rwhp = 175rwkw, that's damn impressive B) l think there were some XR6T's at the Melb dyno day that were making in the mid 180's so that's a great result.So what has been done to your car exactly Ed?
xr8sam Member 10 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Posted 20/09/03 06:49 AM Posted 20/09/03 06:49 AM I would definitely be interested if steve is going to release this as a package.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 20/09/03 11:08 PM Author Posted 20/09/03 11:08 PM Guys, as I said, ours was the guinea pig for a possible package for the N/A. I also got a good price since it was the first so he could run lots of tests and get everything right while still being within safety limits as far as putting too much stress on the car. As I've said: Redcliffe Dyno and Performance have done an excellent job. If you want more information, please contact or pm Steve (dynosteve), he's the expert, not me. I'd be doing Steve an injustice in trying to explain what he has added in this "XR6 Enhanced" package.
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 20/09/03 11:50 PM Posted 20/09/03 11:50 PM Ed....etc;My turn........... Congrats dude, glad to hear you are really happy with your car, it's a great feeling eh? Must get pics in soon bro!So little pinnoccio is residing in you undies now and lying his little wooden head off eh? :D I can really appreciate how you feel, when I bought my XC 302 coupe I wanted the 351 V8 but just could not afford it, only mod I could afford was 2 hot-dogs.Got it serviced at the local Mobil, there was a guy working there, just cleaning, pumping petrol etc; asked me if he could "play" with motor a bit............picked the car up........man!!! it was a whole new car, went like a Mormon out of a brewery......it flew, nothing major just tweaked the timing, and such, put an old fan belt on top of the air filter, things like that...whoo. hoo!!!Team N/A eh??.......Might have to join you guys soon! Happy spirited driving bro!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 21/09/03 12:59 PM Author Posted 21/09/03 12:59 PM Hey 'Red'Hawk,Congrats dude, glad to hear you are really happy with your car, it's a great feeling eh? Must get pics in soon bro!Oh yeah, "Oh what a feeling"..."Oops I mean, Can't get enough of this". :lol: Took her for a high spirited squirt today to show a mate how she goes. Very tame for his tastes. Should see his XE sedan, scary. Lets just say his eyebrow raised as I hit 4500rpm in 2nd and she started to really pick up the pace so it can't be too bad. Pics? Well Goose came over for a catch up, a brew or two and dinner. Before the brews, we took some pics with that champion digital camera of his. They will be here soon. Goose is being kind enough to burn me a CD, won't be long. Really need a digi camera of my own!I can really appreciate how you feel, when I bought my XC 302 coupe I wanted the 351 V8 but just could not afford it, only mod I could afford was 2 hot-dogs.Cool. Go the XC Coupe, my first car was a `78 XC GS, ahh loved that car. Sold it to a friend of a friend, a few years ago now, he worked her well enough to be 'street machine' quality...D'oh! Probably doesn't have the old girl anymore. Cool car! She was 4 on the floor as well, manual, oh how I miss manual transmission.Team N/A eh??.......Might have to join you guys soon!Hmm, here we go again, hey we are getting enough people, why not.Cheers buddy.
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Posted 21/09/03 01:52 PM Posted 21/09/03 01:52 PM Must be really good off the line too!!! the bottom end of the Turbo is not bad.. its just not that good.. so a done up NA would be damn quick off the line.Good stuff mate!!!Ross
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 21/09/03 02:42 PM Author Posted 21/09/03 02:42 PM Must be really good off the line too!!! the bottom end of the Turbo is not bad.. its just not that good.. so a done up NA would be damn quick off the line.Good stuff mate!!!Ross Thanks Ross. She is a hell of a lot quicker off the mark. I cannot comment on the Turbo as I haven't really 'properly' driven one yet.Interesting to see if the Splitfire filter makes any difference on the dyno when Steve installs it before the dyno run on the BNE Dyno Day. She's still got the original N/A airbox on her. Thing is, I like the look of the airbox...Oh well....Probably because she still looks 'stock' (minus the pacemaker headers of course).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now