HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 16/09/03 11:48 AM Posted 16/09/03 11:48 AM Ahhhhh mate!Just picked up our Phantom N/A beauty and man oh man. DynoSteve (Steve from Redcliffe Dyno and Performance) has done an absolute pearler of a job.Get this: I'M HAPPY, no need for supercharging or slapping a turbo on her. No more "ED....etc". winging about what you guys have. I'm over the moon and I'd recommend anyone to go and see him.Dyno resultsOK, before the work, the 'Real world' result was around 155 HP @ RWAfter the Enhancement mods:Dyno 'Real world' mode: 213+ HP @ RWDyno 'Shoot out' mode, ahh I love it: 232.6 HP @ RWThen we took her for a spin, mate........stealthy when driving her normally, give it to her and watch out!!! The exhaust note, I melted in the seat. I swear if I didn't know any better, the boost should have kicked in around 3000rpm...lol. Everything is so responsive. The computer is the key. the 'SSS' now has flawless response and control, braking ability (nothing was done to the breaks but I had to ask the question as I was amazed how well the car was able to pull up). Overall, the car just responded better in EVERY way. Engine started and turned off in an instant. What has been achieved on this car, I'm trying my best to describe it but I am having trouble finding the exact words..........I simply cannot fault ANYTHING with the overall performance of this enhanced XR6 N/A. Pass into the torque threshold and baby, it's facelift time. I thought I would never get that sensation in a naturally aspirated car.This N/A was the blueprint for Steve therefore it was done at a great price, around $2,850.00. If you are looking at getting anything done, mate, the man is a God and his team are absolutely brilliant!All I can say is this has been one hell of a success, it's almost 'stock' 240T performance (without the boost of course). This is how the N/A should have been released. It's now a completely different car and it's better in every way.You BNE guys will just have to check her out at the 'Redcliffe Dyno & Performance' Dyno Day for more details. Remember it's on the 27th September (Saturday week). I hope to see a good turn out there on the day for the 4th Brisbane/Gold Coast FordXR6Turbo.com event.If you're interested to see what enhancements can be achieved, get in contact with the man that made this possible. Steve from Redcliffe Dyno & Performance."Can't get enough of this N/A"...
xr8sam Member 10 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Posted 16/09/03 12:16 PM Posted 16/09/03 12:16 PM Details man, whats been done??
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 16/09/03 12:27 PM Author Posted 16/09/03 12:27 PM I'll post details later.
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 16/09/03 09:43 PM Posted 16/09/03 09:43 PM Sounds bloody fantastic.Look forward to seeing, hearing, and smelling it.I love my T but a great NA is what really sets you blood running.Congrats.Mackthe......
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/09/03 02:52 AM Posted 17/09/03 02:52 AM OHHH YEAHH, :gasthrower: finaly someone has worked on their NA, sounds fantastis, is it worth posting some pics? Can't do anything to mine though cause its leased :tears:
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 17/09/03 03:58 AM Author Posted 17/09/03 03:58 AM Don't have a camera dude, well one that works, I'm trying to get 'Goose' over to take some pics as I want some as well. Hell I don't have one of the front lower grill yet and that was done ages ago.As soon as I have some digi pics, they will be posted, especially one of the exhaust, gotta love the twin tailpipe look at the rear.Should record a ".wav" file as well hey? lol. Go the V8 rumble :gasthrower:
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 17/09/03 10:49 PM Posted 17/09/03 10:49 PM Sounds like a dream come true! I look forward to seeing it in the flesh at the dyno day. Look forward to hearing the note as well.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 18/09/03 06:43 AM Posted 18/09/03 06:43 AM Sounds unreal Ed, and for less than 3 grand you cant go worng.If you have near the performance of a T without all the lag and peaky performance etc that a turbo brings then you are better off l reckon
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/09/03 08:21 AM Posted 18/09/03 08:21 AM Don't have a camera dude, well one that works, I'm trying to get 'Goose' over to take some pics as I want some as well. Hell I don't have one of the front lower grill yet and that was done ages ago.As soon as I have some digi pics, they will be posted, especially one of the exhaust, gotta love the twin tailpipe look at the rear.Should record a ".wav" file as well hey? lol. Go the V8 rumble Yeah for sure
whizzer Member 181 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Location: Brisvegas Posted 18/09/03 12:46 PM Posted 18/09/03 12:46 PM Well done wayne.. congratulations, will see you at steves on saturday... if I can prise the keys out of kyms hands. I dont think the hilux would do too good on the dyno
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now