Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 16/09/03 06:35 AM Posted 16/09/03 06:35 AM Well Trend Setters,The Bank Manager has given the nod......so the GT is on order, Vixen, manual, window tint, premium sound, stripes, momo gear knob, mats, spats, boot liner, headlight protectors (if they don't have XR on them) :D I know I know..........WHAT!!! a RED ONE Although the HgAg is my favourite colour the GT just demanded a statement colour, and as I'm too old for Blood Orange (sorry Mondie), and Citric Rush is just too out there, it had to be Vixen, also EID demanded it colour match her nails and her red Celica. Also my first 'hoon' car was a red 2 door XC GS V8, so nostalgia got the better of me.The SIDO number came through last night and will be at the dealers 6 weeks from now. NOW.....comes the hard part........selling the 'hawk' :tears: Took a GT-P auto (damn) for a three hour test run yesterday, just EID and me, now EID is not scared of any man or beast but the 290 Boss scared the crap out of her, he,he,he. She could not believe the pick up of the V8 and although the hawk is quick, this thing was too. And the note!!!!!! The drive through the Stirling Ranges was great, beautiful handling, instant power, and the Bremmo brakes pulled it up like it weighed in at 1000kg. With a real hard brake the front pads just clamped on beautifully which made the back a tad light with just a hint of favour to the right, but hardly noticable. You can definately appreciate the 15k and it is justified, the finish of the interior is better, the seats far superior to the XR ones, the handling was just ........great , the car is balanced just like the turbo, there is none of the lead weights in the front fender feeling like the XR8 has.......man what a car. Not looking forward to replacing tyres........exxy!!! Insurance.........cheaper than the hawk.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 16/09/03 06:54 AM Posted 16/09/03 06:54 AM Congrats mate, so the car is confirmed and on order These cars are bloody brilliant, FPV have done a tremendous job B) Now let the flaming begin, what with you being the founding member of team HAG and all :D
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 16/09/03 07:19 AM Author Posted 16/09/03 07:19 AM Well, I'm hoping Dicktater for life......Ken will let me be a card carrying Associate member of Team HgAg, then when he buys his Vixen GT or GT-P we can start a new team up something like Team FOX GT B) Yeah Simon it seems that my dealer had a GT in the computer as a stock car and just changed the options to mine (I have sent you an e-mail with the details) His opening offer was bloody high, but I'm sure I'll get it for the 65.5k. How many customers has he had that will have spent over 100,000 drinking tokens in 9 months I hope I get a few answers to my on road price query so I can show him at 'haggling time'
Guest Dempo Guests Posted 16/09/03 09:25 AM Posted 16/09/03 09:25 AM sounds great, I was talking to my uncle last night he is 3 days away from delivery of hes GTP he is getting hes own stripes made for it that say GTP Boss290he works for ford in broken hill and has organised a top bloke to do it, should look good. cant wait for pics!!!
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 16/09/03 09:34 AM Posted 16/09/03 09:34 AM Look what happens when Ken's away!!! Congratulations Hawk you champion
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 16/09/03 09:45 AM Author Posted 16/09/03 09:45 AM Look what happens when Ken's away!!! Congratulations Hawk you champion Thanx rowlan,Yeah, I was thinking of sending Ken an e-mail, but he'll find out soon enough. :D I'll be his 'silent partner' if Colour Wars III 'Return of the Silver Swordsmen' ever gets off the cutting room floor. :D I can hear the moderators groaning from here! :D Im getting butterflies again, I don't think the old ticker can handle too much more of this. The good thing is it's only a 6 week wait not >12 weeks!!
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Location: Geelong Posted 16/09/03 09:59 AM Posted 16/09/03 09:59 AM One word for ya now Silver TRAITOR!!!!! Seriously, good luck with this awsome Ford product, I think finally they have a car that will attain legend status, unless of course the 350kw supercharged GTHO becomes reality, then I'll need to visit the bank manager as I dont think a lease on a car like this would be available.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Posted 16/09/03 10:23 AM Posted 16/09/03 10:23 AM great news .... congrats .... mmmm "Vixen"
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 16/09/03 12:43 PM Posted 16/09/03 12:43 PM Weren't you looking at a HgAg GT-P just recently??? What happened - realised its a dud colour after all :lol: ?Seriously though, a fine choice of motorised transportation
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 16/09/03 01:03 PM Posted 16/09/03 01:03 PM Excellent work Smithers.......release the hounds!May I suggest a stripe package similar to the Mustang one I have had done. Would certainly look the goods on Vixen, especially if it's only between the wheel arches and doesn't extend to the front and rear bars like the FPV ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now