Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
You can't load the car on the street as you can at the track so I think you should drop those tyre pressures down to 20psi. If you cut a 1.9 60fter you might run that flat 12 you've been dreaming of.

Scotty

I ran the second half of the night at 26psi in the tyres,it didn't seem to make any difference. I never really smoked the tyres too much at the start as I need the tread to drive on. :gooff:

are you using std 17's and what exhuast are you running.

Good stuff Jeff

The tyres are 24000km's old and are the standard 17's. I have had the centre muffler removed.

Don't pour water over the intercooler as the track marshalls will be pissed off at you for dropping water over the track. Use bags of ice.

Venom XR6

I have thought about using water or ice but haven't actually done it yet.

The car was stuck in a 1hour traffic jam on the way to the track because the Southeastern Freeway was closed while I was on it. I dont think the car ever really cooled down enough. When/if I go again I will be leaving alot earlier and parking the car for a few hours so it can get nice and cool.

Thanks guys for all your encouragement and nice comments, its really appreciated.

Geea. :spoton:

  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Oh and I love my new sig. :gooff::spoton:

Geea. :3gears:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
Don't pour water over the intercooler as the track marshalls will be pissed off at you for dropping water over the track. Use bags of ice.

You could just do it in the staging lanes, couldn't you?

Scotty

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 8d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

:wootjump:

Well done Geea.

Da Ali G would be proud!

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Good on ya mate!! All that hard work paid off :sick:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 13d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Congrats Geea, glad to hear you broke into the 12's. I'd say those times are conservativefor the ability of your car. Like me you want to keep it real to the street (Ai!) so you know that your can replicate this speed on the road. I reckon with a slight change in the tuning and your reaction times down you would be around the 12 mark.

Mate congrats again, looking forward to going for a spin in it!! :sick:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
:wootjump:

Well done Geea.

Da Ali G would be proud!

that could make me the Ali Geea. :ermm:

Geea. :sick:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Congrats Geea, glad to hear you broke into the 12's. I'd say those times are conservativefor the ability of your car. Like me you want to keep it real to the street (Ai!) so you know that your can replicate this speed on the road. I reckon with a slight change in the tuning and your reaction times down you would be around the 12 mark.

Mate congrats again, looking forward to going for a spin in it!! :ermm:

Jonathon next time your in the area drop in and you can take "BOOF" for a spin. Becareful though he's addictive and it could lead to your own mods happening before you were planning them.

Geea. :sick:

Guest Scootre
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

I'd be taking along one of those cheap sh!t water filled room air cons and a generator if needed. Then with air con ducting, pump the cold air where needed.

edit: and congrats mate. 12's on road tyres? I'd love to know how that beast of yours would perform on slicks.

Edited by Scootre
  • BATRB-6 - (Fab)
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE VIC
Posted

:yikes: Congrats and well done Geea

Welcome to the 12 second club good to see the hard work with such simple mods :yikes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...