Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

im a network engineer.

My opinion is Kaspersky. Doesnt eat up all your memory and CPU like norton or macaffe. Norton is the worst of the lot. EVER. Especially if you ever try to uninstall it. If you want FREE stuff, stick with AVG.

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted (edited)

Peter,

Try Avast for a free run...

We install this on the majority of the systems we build and repair - best thing is not only is this one free, but it will run a serious boot time scan if needed.

If you have a newer system with a reasonable amount of RAM - the give Nortons Internet Security a run.

Wont be free - but you can generally pick it up for around $80-90 mark. (RRP $99.90 - we normally flog it off at around $85.00).

This will come with a 3 system license - so if you have more then 1 system you will be covered for a couple extra!

NO AV will cover you 100% of the way when online - its just simply impossible. (unless you dont use your CC at all).

I two have had charges on CC which have been suspected to have come from my card physically being swiped through card readers.

Hackers can get your details many different ways - not just via the web. So until there is some 8yo genius in Africa that wakes up one morning with some amazing security string then I guess we are all just going to be at risk!

Your bank should cover you anyways they will prob just take some time to sort it all out for you!

Give Avast a run for Anti Virus, and Nortons Internet Security a burl for spam, spyware, etc...

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE SECURITY PROGRAMS UP TO DATE! :bangcomputer::nerd::geek:

PS - few of the other boys on here have AVAST installed (no mentioned as to why) :buttonit: and seem to be rather happy!

Hope this helps!

Edited by smicky
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bringelly NSW
Posted

Hey everyone,

Just looking to download / buy a new virus scanner for my pc as someone got my credit card details somehow and put a heap of charges on it the other night... Should get it all back, but don't want anything like this happening again! I have currently got AVG free, but I dont think it checks for spyware. Should I get 2 seperate programs for this or does anyone know a good program that will check for both?

Cheers, Peter.

Superantispyware is the way to go, it fixed my problems.

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm with the AVAST users. Never had a problem since I switched from Norton, system works much faster to.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wodonga, VIC
Posted

Thanks everyone. I had a bit of a look on google and good things have been said for kaspersky and avast so will look into them first I think.

Smicky - Norton is out of the question just for the fact that my PC is already old and slow enough as it is! I'm a bit overdue for a new one but it will have to wait a bit longer as I just signed a building contract! Commonwealth have been good about it all and said theres heaps of ways people can get the details. May have to wait a few weeks to get the money back.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Bitdefender has been in the top 5 best Antivirus and Antispyware programs.

Norton has dropped out of the top 10.

I was using AVG, now use BitDefender. Best choice!

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

My avast got owned by something the other day, now I just get errors when I try to use it. And there are heaps of antispyware that find the problems but the trick is to find a free one that actually fixes them.

Cuttin down on the porn also helps keep the viruses at bay :shocked:

Edited by Dillz
  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Cuttin down on the porn also helps keep the viruses at bay :blaah:

Pffft just gotta know where to get it from... :stupid:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
roflmbo.gif sif you would know

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...