baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 01/09/09 01:27 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 01:27 AM the twin plate was fuct within a week of getting it tuned uptaking the car to them today hope they will sort it out
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/09 02:21 AM Posted 01/09/09 02:21 AM do you still have the stock clutch?Have you changed the CSC to an alloy one? Please dont take offencde but your running pretty low power to go through so many clutches. I'd be looking at other causes such as a plastic CSC thats partially jammed and applying pressure to the clutch release springsOh and sell me your AP clutch if you still have it
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 01/09/09 04:33 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 04:33 AM yea I still got the AP clutch how much u offering? it been sittin for a while and is a lil rustywat do you meen by CSC? is that the slave cylinder/throwout bearing thing?well I was just on my way to get it looked at and it didnt slip (typical) anyway so I called the guy at the clutch place and he says it happens some times they slip a couple time to bed in properly so he said just give it a bit of a floggin to make sure it wont slip so I did and guess wat, the oil light came on and I got a rattle in the engine cars sittin on the side of the road. just one thing after anouthergetting it towed soon.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/09/09 04:44 AM Posted 01/09/09 04:44 AM Mate that's not good, hope the rattle isn't anything serious.Your AP twin plate should have supported that sort of power unless your tune is REALLY aggressive. It could be the CSC not releasing the clutch completely.I would hang on to that standard clutch and speak to another work shop. The AP should heaps better than Exedy cushion button.
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 01/09/09 08:21 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 08:21 AM as I asked in my previous post wats a csc?when I got the tune they said the standard clutch wouldnt last and it didnt, same thing with most other ppl I know with T's that have mod's done
roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 01/09/09 09:02 AM Posted 01/09/09 09:02 AM Like everyone has said mate there must be something NQR.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 01/09/09 09:24 AM Posted 01/09/09 09:24 AM as I asked in my previous post wats a csc?concentric slave cylinder
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 01/09/09 09:29 AM Posted 01/09/09 09:29 AM so what is happening to the old clutches...are you wearing away only one surface...breaking them or is the pressure plate throwing it in.....When I use to fit clutch kits to old fords sometimes the travel from the clutch master cylinder wasn't right so we had to adjust the pushrod in the back of the cluch master cylinder for correct travel.Yours might be to long ...meaning the clutch will be slightly engauged all the time thus slipping all the time...
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 01/09/09 09:49 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 09:49 AM (edited) thanks buf phoon, that's wat I thought it mentno the other clutches went because the spline was rough and grabbing the plate, well that's wat I was told, I seen the first and the plate was melted mech said hes never seen anything like it. but wat you are sayin sounds very probable fits the symptoms Edited 01/09/09 09:51 AM by baf6
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 01/09/09 10:04 AM Posted 01/09/09 10:04 AM mate as you have been told in your lost oil pressure post...go find yourself someone who know something about these cars...It seems to me the only thing right that your mechanic has done for you is take your money....As for your comment on the post above....the spline was rough and grabbing the plate...Well it would have to be the spline on the input shaft of the gearbox as the cluch was new...If what he said was true the input shaft would have to be bent...If so why would you fit it...then go out and do some wheel work to bed it in.....This bloke makes me look good and not many people do....Get you car the fark out of there go to a reasonable mechanic...pay the money and get it fixed....This bloke who's working on your car now is he a mate or dose he not charge as much as the others.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now