baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 31/08/09 12:22 AM Posted 31/08/09 12:22 AM ok so I have been through 3 clutchs I the past year only doing about 20,000ks, it been an absolute nightmare not 1 of them have worked properly the one in it now is only been in for 2 months and its slipping already all 3 have been exceedy hd cussion buttons, what would cause this and should I get warrenty on it?
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 31/08/09 12:27 AM Posted 31/08/09 12:27 AM (edited) Any details on the clutches you have used? My standard clutch is holding 310rwkws pretty well slips sometimes but not much. Edited 31/08/09 12:28 AM by ENVYOSXR
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 31/08/09 12:30 AM Author Posted 31/08/09 12:30 AM (edited) all 3 have been exceedy hd cussion buttons, the standard 1 didnt last 5 minutes after I had a tune Edited 31/08/09 12:31 AM by baf6
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 31/08/09 12:36 AM Posted 31/08/09 12:36 AM Maybe don't get another exedy button clutch then..? I had wondered about getting one but obviously theyre useless as soon as you start running any grunt... Spend abit more and get a MW opt 3 ... seems to be the only way
exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 31/08/09 12:40 AM Posted 31/08/09 12:40 AM Well, if the standard clutch didn't last 5mins after the tune with only 350rwhp and you have been through 3 exedy HD's - then it is either your driving style or a really aggressive tune that comes on real hard, real quick...
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 31/08/09 12:52 AM Author Posted 31/08/09 12:52 AM (edited) I haven't even had a chance to give the new clutch a hard time gave it a bit off the light for the first time on friday nights cruise in brizzy and it just slipped, I didnt want an exceedy this time but they assured me it was good and they would do it cheap, but wat I wanna know is do I have a leg to stand on to get money back or something or will they just say too bad, originaly they told me the clutch could handle 500hpcould it have anything to do with the fly wheel considering the last 2 clutch had already slipped on it im not sure if it got machined or not I know they did after the first 1 Edited 01/09/09 11:09 AM by Dagabond
ENVYOSXR Loves boost Legacy Donating Member 266 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 31/08/09 01:02 AM Posted 31/08/09 01:02 AM Yea I agree with xr6turboman, I am getting a malwood option 3 put in mine have heard great stories about them. Strange that you keep blowing them up, how is your tune, is it agressive hit hard all at once?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 31/08/09 01:11 AM Posted 31/08/09 01:11 AM The best way is to give them a drive, go with the mechanic and get him to stand on it so he can see whats happening. If its only just been fitted then they can't really say its from abuse...unless you have been smashing it from the first second!
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 11d Posted 31/08/09 01:13 AM Author Posted 31/08/09 01:13 AM well its pretty agressive but I dont know what to compare it to yea I want the option 3 but im still paying for this exceedy clutch cant really afford another one im pissed cause ive paid for power cruise that's on in 2 weeks had plans to get at least 300 rwkw by then but now I dont have a clutch to handle the power I got.
oldfarmer Member 68 Member For: 17y 8m 7d Gender: Male Posted 31/08/09 10:12 AM Posted 31/08/09 10:12 AM Why dont you go back to the AP twin plate that it came out with, nice pedal feel not strong like aftermarket ones, plus plenty of F6's are running more hp and surviving. just a thought??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now