tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 25d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 18/08/09 10:59 PM Posted 18/08/09 10:59 PM Like others have said, do the calculation yourself, don't trust the computer, they tend to be a dit in accurate. Mine continually reads 14, but I'm actually getting high 12s.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 18/08/09 11:56 PM Posted 18/08/09 11:56 PM yep, mine read 18-20L/100, then I disconnected the battery for a while. Now reads 12-14L/100, still slightly out, but close enough.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/08/09 12:02 AM Posted 19/08/09 12:02 AM Depends how you drive it too mate. Lately I've been doing a lot of 5 minute cold start trips (most of it spent idling either at traffic lights or getting the car in or out of the garage) and my fuel consumption is BAD. For few days I was not doing any other driving but this and my average consumption was at 24 l/100km.
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 19/08/09 12:16 AM Posted 19/08/09 12:16 AM Guys, don't even bother worrying about what the car says about economy. Everytime I fuel up, I reset my "A" trip computer so I know how many km's I do before filling it up next. Then, next time you fill up, just divide the km's done on the current tank by the amount of fuel you put into it. Simple. And yes, the car is way out with it's calculation.
thorxr6t Member 91 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/08/09 12:25 AM Posted 19/08/09 12:25 AM 18 is on the high side. Mine since new has been averaging about 13.5L/100K. I don't floor it at every traffic light now but a quite few times along the way.
PJDXR6t Member 91 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: melb boronia Posted 19/08/09 06:15 AM Posted 19/08/09 06:15 AM u can reset it urself mine always goes back to 14 after heaps of k's 18 is a bit much though....
Grug Member 1,318 Member For: 18y 2m Posted 21/08/09 06:35 AM Posted 21/08/09 06:35 AM Guys, don't even bother worrying about what the car says about economy. Everytime I fuel up, I reset my "A" trip computer so I know how many km's I do before filling it up next. Then, next time you fill up, just divide the km's done on the current tank by the amount of fuel you put into it. Simple. And yes, the car is way out with it's calculation.How does that work? I definitely do not use 6L/100k
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 25/08/09 12:02 AM Posted 25/08/09 12:02 AM How does that work? I definitely do not use 6L/100kahh, sorry for leading you astray mate. I must be on drugs... What should be done is this:Litres used divided by km's done multiplied by 100 to get the value per 100km'sYou need a full tank initially for it to work. So for example, say you just done 500km's and put 50L of fuel in to fill it back up.(50/500)*100 = 10L/100km's - So that's an average of 10L per 100km's traveled.So with my car, I'm getting about 550km's from 58L(58/550)*100 = 10.54L/100km'sSorry bout the mistake on my behalf, dunno what I was thinking...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/08/09 12:07 AM Posted 25/08/09 12:07 AM Lol at special cop tune.
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 25/08/09 07:23 AM Posted 25/08/09 07:23 AM yea its still better economy than I get so sdfu lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now