888 Racing Moving To Holden

Ras351

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d

I dont get it - if I was running ford - the minute the 888 team stopped putting the ford badge on the car they should have done everything in their power to contract lowndes and whincup again - that way they might loose the team but would still have the drivers - I personally think that lowndes is not over the moon about the move but seeing as though he has a binding contract for 888 next year and none with ford he doesnt really have a choice

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 4m 22d
Ps. Ford Bring back Ambrose........(the whisper is possibly 2011/12).....the rumour mill at it's finest.

Ive heard that too! His contract runs out then. That would be something! As long as he races for Ford and not bloody Toyota! lol

Roland Dane is scum, 888 had been in breach of there continuing ford contracts for years. Roland had a choice honor his contract with ford or loose funding. He chose to loose the funding.

Roland wanted to race scumadores all along it was just his manipulative way of going about it that made half the idiots on here blame ford for what has happened.

888 are a disgrace

Interesting perspective. I think there are a lot on this forum that don't blame Ford for this. But I am interested in your perspective of 888 and why you draw that conclusion. I'm not doubting you, just interested in more explanation. Cheers

• Member For: 15y 3m 11d

Hey Pete, Just my opinion from what I have gathered from the letters from ford to its employees and comments and press releases by roland over the past 6 months.

He signed a contract with ford prior to vodafone coming on board that stipulated the use of blue on the cars, He refused but gladly kept taking fords cash.

Roland has made comments that due to the vauxhall alliance he always wanted to go Expensive Daewoo but they were pre occupied at scheming Tom back into ownership of HRT and werent interested.

And everything ive heard Ambrose say is that when Nascars done and dusted he wont be racing anymore he has achieved all he set out to in supercars

• Member For: 15y 3m 5d

Sorry guys, but I could talk about this subject for weeks on end.

After seeing this weekends practice times, my money's on 888 finding it tough next year and FPR and DJR becoming even stronger. If HRT havnt been able to topple the Fords then 888 aint going to do it all that easyily. Crazy thing is they will be up against themselves in DJR.

Motorsport will always be a strange game.

• Member For: 19y 10m 29d

Lownsey should hand his shame.

Never means never, retire and make a come back to the blue oval in 2 years

WINCUP IS A WANKER he was going to retire in 3 years we now know how he can a FORD it !!!!!!!!

Man I hope triple nuff nuff nuff win, the applause will be deafening but the booooooes I will hear in Mildura

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 15d

A couple of years ago I worked in the 888 merchandise tent at Oran Park & the overall feeling I got from the full-time employees was that they didnt give a rats ass what kind of cars they had they just wanted to be there racing.

You cant really blame Triple 8 for making the decision, as has been stated previously its all about business & if Ford chose to discontinue their backing for whatever reason, then 888 has to go to where the money is.

Having said that I immediatley tore down the 888 poster I had in my garage & will ebay my 07 team jacket lol