jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/07/09 08:04 AM Posted 14/07/09 08:04 AM the next door neighbour just bought an fg ute... has 3000km on it now... he describes a sound of a light rattle that seems to be coming from under the cabin... although when he takes off he describes the sound as coming from the back??now when my flex plate went it sounded very similar and I actually thought the sound was coming from the rear... that is until it got really bad and I tought the engine went.also the thought of a baffle has come up.ford have no ideas and just send him on his way saying its fixed....... and each time the sound still turns up.anyone have any ideas as to where such a rattle could be coming from? any oher fg drivers have a rattel issue?cheers
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/07/09 10:03 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:03 AM Is it a manual or auto jetters?
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Posted 14/07/09 10:18 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:18 AM exhaust all aligned properly? Not fouling anywhere? Purge valve?Whats his serial number?
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 26d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/09 10:18 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:18 AM JetI have a pretty bed rattle/noise happen at idle however it only happens when the car is in drive. The dealer said they know where the problem is and will fix it next time I take it in.(Next couple of weeks) I recall talking breifly to fg270 last cruise and he had the same problem to. Timmy
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/07/09 10:27 AM Author Posted 14/07/09 10:27 AM sennat... its an autobunna.. no idea on serial numbertimmy.... did they say what it is?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/07/09 10:36 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:36 AM Hmmm, interesting - maybe some heat-shielding...
bentles Member 121 Member For: 18y 9d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 14/07/09 10:38 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:38 AM has been around since the dawn of time...idle is too low... interior is too sh*t....I work at ford get cars in all the time... theres no way of adjusting idle without a flash tune....reflash is what I get told to do on them all the time by the manager but it does sh*t all....
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 14/07/09 10:42 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:42 AM Mine's pretty much got the smae rattle you describe, jetute.I found it to be inside the exhaust pipe somewhere. Possibly the centre muffler.It goes away when you raise the revs slightly and appears to get worse when the revs drop as the aircon compressor cuts in.It's been there for the last 10000+kms and isn't really a worry as you can't here it in the car only when your outside next to it.I'm not going to worry about it as I plan on replacing the standard exhaust in the future with my power upgrades.
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 26d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/09 10:58 AM Posted 14/07/09 10:58 AM They said it wasnt heat sheilds.And mine is different to phantmxr6 as you can only hear it in the car not outside it.They said if someone holds the exhaust it stops and the reason they didnt pick it up after I told them was because you cant hear it outside the car.Which when I tried it myself is true. but inside its a friggen nightmare.Timmy
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/07/09 11:11 AM Author Posted 14/07/09 11:11 AM thanks all... ill pass this thread onto him.... could possibly help him with his issue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now