Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

wont be taking my car out as I will be piloting our FG tonite!

see ya's all there!!!

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d
Posted

As I type this at 2:20pm it`s fairly cool. Fairly stiff breeze. Lets hope we have some record aiding cooler weather tonight.

Ima put me slicks on after me Nanna nap.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d
Posted (edited)

Huge crowd, very slow trip down the staging lanes.

I arrived and signed in at 6pm. I think my first failure run was 8:30pm.

I did a really good burnout, made sure I positioned the car so it didn`t crab during the skid, stalled it straight to 2,500 no probs but it started to creep so as I had the 2 staging lights on thought it`d be okay. Forgot the christmas tree has to start or you won`t trigger the beams.

No time recorded.

It rocketed out of the hole we`ll never know the 60 foot... rest of the run felt pretty unremarkable though. It`s history now.

Second and last run, it was quite cool, they was still hope. I didn`t position the car too well partly due to the Victor Bray style burnout the guy in front of me did. Pea soup fog it was like.

So, car crabbed but I still thought it might have got some heat.

Got a bit of wheelspin off the line and it shuddered a lil bit in second. 11.70.

I`ve annoyed that I`ve probably wasted the last cold night of the year. This afternoon I was in 2 minds as to whether my heart ( and head ) was 100% in going out there.

Possibly I should have left it go. I`m not gonna cut my wrists but yeah, flutuating fortunes.

FPV Steve`s last run was absolutely mint from start to finish. :dontknow::crybaby:

11.50 and it looked really fast. Well done, guy :drivingalong:

It was Steve`s night, he jagged the fast moving lines and did about 25 runs easy..

lol..

Edited by _Spin_
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Thanks Johno!!! I saw your last run and yeah you definately had traction issues in first, but your mid track looked really quick. :dontknow: Dont retire her yet mate, she's got more left in her for sure.......

Was a good night for it though those motorbikes really gave me the :pooh:s . Everyone could have had quite a few more runs if those harvey wall bangers werent there. Good to see a few of the forum members out there. See ya's next time.

Steve

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d
Posted

Steve yeah mate.. I mean its a free country and the best part about drag racing is everyone gets a go

Worst part is, everyone gets a go!!

Heart goes out to that guy in the 20B Kombi ( not a typo ) that broke whatever.

lol at it wheelstanding in the water during burn out.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

heart also goes out 2 chris, with the ballistic ute that blew an axle ;( and yeah I waited ages 2 see that combi, then bang !! man that thing lets out the nicest exhaust note I have ever heard !!! good 2 see all u guys ;) and fpv steve your sedan fkn rocks, love it !!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay NorthQueensland
Posted

Well done boy's, good to keep getting PB's each time you go out.

How did Bogan go in the FG F6 of Pauls?

David

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d
Posted

It is hard to be pissed off despite not being in the zone as The Bogan puts it, I still ran a PB.

It is funny when you arrive back at the lanes, a stranger in a Late model camira or similar will ask what you ran, you go awwww 11.7 I fvcked it up :stupid:

Poor bastard feels like kicking you and says: ya pissed orf at doing 11`s!!??

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast QLD
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

It was a good turn out last night with a good representation of Blue Oval supporters. I was pretty pleased with my effort for a stock standard car. First run was a 12.70 @ 111.44mph & 2.02 60ft. Second run I was waiting too long for my competitor to stage and pushed through the staging beam, saw the red light come on and thought I may as well go now for a pretty poor 13.31 @ 111.22mph & 2.54 60ft, shame as it felt like another strong run. The third and last run was a 12.81 (no terminal speed recorded for some reason) and a 2.05 60ft. All in all it was an enjoyable if not chilly night.

Congratulations to the two Mark's who came out for their first time and put in respectable low to mid 13sec passes.

Big AL

Edited by cooltint
  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Al, she's still stock ? Farking awesome , if so well done and a great peddle :nod:

Post'er up on LSI and wait for incoming :roflmbo:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...