brownhornet Legacy Donating Member 124 Member For: 18y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/09 11:16 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:16 AM would be much appreciated if anyone who has a dvd based satnav system could tell me if this is the remote control to go with it...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/09 11:19 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:19 AM no its not the same as my satnav remote, I own a BA, but I dont think they changed the systems between BA- BF.Lightning McQueen FTW!!!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/07/09 11:40 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:40 AM It isn't the genuine ford one, but it may be compatible with the system, have you tried it yet?
brownhornet Legacy Donating Member 124 Member For: 18y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/09 12:57 PM Author Posted 06/07/09 12:57 PM thanks for checking guys - appreciate it.the unit in the pic is for sale on ebay (US) from a volvo. from what I can tell volvo used a denso system like ford (in fact - didn't ford own volvo at one point?)I can't find any remotes for sale on ebay australia - even fadhi from ASL can't help out.I guess I'm on a bit of a crusade about this - I'm really keen to get the unit up and running (reckon the satnav through the icc would be cool) but I'm f***ed if I will pay fraud the $895 they want for a replacement remote.if anyone has a pic on what the remote looks like can they please post ?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/07/09 01:00 PM Posted 06/07/09 01:00 PM I don't have a pic of it, but the genuine one is Silver and has a flip open section on the lower half - blue on/off button too from memory...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/07/09 02:41 AM Posted 07/07/09 02:41 AM yep, and a joystick kinda thing up the top.when the bottom bit is folded open, it resembles a mobile phone.
brownhornet Legacy Donating Member 124 Member For: 18y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/07/09 01:59 AM Author Posted 09/07/09 01:59 AM How about one of these?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/07/09 02:04 AM Posted 09/07/09 02:04 AM negative ghostridernone of them look anything like my jobbie.I'll search for a pic when I get to work.
P4N1C Member 26 Member For: 18y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Tullamarine, Melbourne Posted 09/07/09 08:32 AM Posted 09/07/09 08:32 AM (edited) For Denso Sat Nav, the remote control your after is this one. This is a photo of a spare unit I have.Approx $360 at Fraud. Absolute rip off.Earlier Bluepaunkt system looks different, and the FG based VDO system is different again. If anyone is after a VDO remote control for an FG, PM me I have a few spares with me. Edited 09/07/09 09:24 AM by ZAP fixed pics
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/07/09 10:07 AM Posted 09/07/09 10:07 AM well done, that's the exact same remote for my factory system.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now