senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/07/09 08:38 AM Author Posted 06/07/09 08:38 AM indeed
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/07/09 03:22 PM Posted 06/07/09 03:22 PM RE the 20's... Tocchi will be shattered
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/07/09 04:31 AM Posted 07/07/09 04:31 AM My old man always had simmons on his various worked commodores, I had a set of Charcoal B45's fitted to my EF fairmont.Great wheels, very lightweight, but a bit fragile...would dent at the sight of a pothole, luckily Simmons had fantastic customer support network, and would rebuild them free of charge (new inners twice).sad.
phatal Member 205 Member For: 18y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Poxby Downs, SA Posted 07/07/09 12:32 PM Posted 07/07/09 12:32 PM I could be effected by the many options that are out there these days but I was always dissappointed with simmons. Every time I went looking (read dreaming) for wheels on the net I would bring up simmons . . . . . . . . . So what's new here? Oh that's right nothing. Again . . . . .In saying that I always wanted B45s for my ZG fairlane and would have had FR19s on my EL XR8 if it wasn't for the original EL GTs that were on it. Would've been nice to see some FR20s on the Rspec.
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/07/09 12:03 PM Posted 10/07/09 12:03 PM Don't know about Simmons quality, the rims were as soft as butter IMO. Three different cars with Simmons all had to have rims replaced due to buckling and plenty of shops I went to wouldn't touch them. Also hate how their designs didn't ever change, just kept looking more dated as the years went by.
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/09 02:33 AM Posted 14/07/09 02:33 AM :rokon: :ukliam3: :hyper: arrived 10mins ago. f*cking YAY p.s admins need to allow more emoticon things
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/09 02:44 AM Posted 14/07/09 02:44 AM Damn! Whats the width of those suckers?
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/09 02:46 AM Posted 14/07/09 02:46 AM 19x11 + 0.5
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/09 02:52 AM Posted 14/07/09 02:52 AM Niiice
BionicBFXR6T Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 4m Gender: Male Location: Freeling South Australia Posted 20/09/09 12:45 PM Posted 20/09/09 12:45 PM (edited) All I can say is that they are awesome rims of a very high quality. Suiting both old and new cars. Truly a classic. I only wish I had know about this a few months ago so I could have purchased some FR17 for my XA hardtop....it sure wont look the same without them......I have hurd a rumoue that only the Australian manufacturing of these rims has closed and that they have mow gone off shore to manufacture their rims. I don't know how true this is, has anyone else heard the same? Edited 20/09/09 12:53 PM by BionicBFXR6T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now