xrturbomatty Member 79 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Posted 04/06/09 10:00 AM Posted 04/06/09 10:00 AM Hey just wondering wat cooler kit to get I'm only after 300rwkw is it worth paying extra for the rapid performer kit or just get the hdi hybrid intercooler kit off eBay
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/06/09 10:08 AM Posted 04/06/09 10:08 AM mate I'd be getting a rap1d or pw kit(better quality)imo,it's what I'd get if I had the spare cash.up to you though mate,
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/06/09 10:10 AM Posted 04/06/09 10:10 AM PW and Rapid > HDi
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 04/06/09 10:18 AM Posted 04/06/09 10:18 AM Rapid Systems, best bang for buck.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 04/06/09 11:23 AM Posted 04/06/09 11:23 AM Only 300rwkW.For now maybe, but when the bug bites again it'll save you some cash if you do it right to start with.As most have already said. Rapid or Process West kits will be what you are after.
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 04/06/09 12:05 PM Posted 04/06/09 12:05 PM I am using a HDI GT Series 600x300x75 universal cooler, Anothermember on here is running near identicle parts to me except he isusing a Rapid cooler.Last time out at the track I ran quicker times marginally and terminal speed.His is a BF F6 mine a series 1 BA XRBoth run plazmaman plenum and pipe work.both run X-Force exhaustHis had a .7 front Turbo housing mine still standard .5his has a PW Surge tank fitted.Both T56 manualsHis has been tuned by shop, I have tuned my own.My run was also not good as started to ping in 3rd so eased off and selected 4thand slowly fed Throttle on cautious of det.( More than likely due to my fuel system)My pass was 12.902 @ 116mph on street tyres running a manual with very slow60ft of 2.4 seconds due to very soft launch due to wheel spin and axle tramp.So concidering its a manual and its very hard to get off the line cleanly the mphshows the cooler must work well.Fit of the HDI Cooler is a little low as the outlets come out horizonial and foul on the chassis railsstopping it from sitting higher enough to fit the plastic under tray on.I have removed non structual material from the chassis rails to get mine up high enoughto clear the under tray.however best thing would be to have outlets cut and repositioned at a 45 deg angle to go aroundthe chassis rail.I choose the HDI For the price and the fact that they are a well know intercooler manufacturerand make a quality cooler.they have been fitted to numerous winning race cars.For 300rwkw's even a monza would do.just to give some idea of potenial, My friends car running the rapid coolerhad made 380rwkw a few days before we hit the track and mine would have beenas much if not more with the HDI cooler.Research your options as you are already doing and make your own choices dont let otherspersaude you get all the facts on specs and what others have run with what results.I have not noticed any flow specs or temp drops performed on any of the PW or Rapidcoolers, but I may have missed it.I have heard that Nizpro have done development and have shown what temp drops theyget across there core.
DjGsTa Legacy Donating Member 944 Member For: 19y 5m 23d Gender: Male Posted 04/06/09 12:53 PM Posted 04/06/09 12:53 PM http://rapidsystems.com.au/index.php?p=1_28Stealth Performer KitV 1.0 $950....($1150 fitted)Includes... Cold side piping Intercooler. All brackets, bolts, silicon hoses, clampsthat's what you need.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/06/09 12:57 PM Posted 04/06/09 12:57 PM definately, the Rapid cooler is excellent, huge flow capacity, ggreat cooling, made to work in our cars. will go 400+ no dramas, especially if you get the Pro Series with the flowed end tanks
trumpy955 Member 183 Member For: 17y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone Queensland Posted 07/06/09 10:20 AM Posted 07/06/09 10:20 AM I dont know alot about the HDI intercoolers, but my experience with the rapid one I fitted (with my mates help) was that it is an awesome bit of gear, and looks oh so sweet. But the best thing to do is make up your own mind. I got a V2 high flow kit and with tune, injectors and valve springs got 291RWKW on a very modest 10 lb tune.(I was told it could have stayed on that boost and gone to 305) I only wanted round 280. Very good gear and Chris at Rapid will help you along the way if you ft it yourself. havent used the process west gear, but I know the tuners I went to, use them in one of their performance mod stages. they also use the HDI ones from what I hear. I would even talk to a tuner and get their opinions. everyone will have their own experiences and pros and cons with each. So eventually it will come down to your budget and your personal preference. (but I would happily go back to Rapid if I wanted to do up another XR6T with my cars results)So good lck and let us know what you choose. either way, it will be better than standard and you will enjoy the difference.
Mat Legacy Donating Member 2,930 Member For: 19y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Caracciola Karussell Posted 08/06/09 10:29 AM Posted 08/06/09 10:29 AM (edited) Stealth Performer KitV 1.0 $950....($1150 fitted)Includes... Cold side piping Intercooler. All brackets, bolts, silicon hoses, clampsthat's what you need.that's what I have and with only injectors im maxing out at 291rwkw on 10psi. Lots more left in it but any more and the standard clutch will die in a big way. Once the clutch gets replaced and I do dump / straight thru pipe and fuel pump I'm sure I'll see 310+.I wanted a cooler that didn't sit to the side like the factory one. If I was to do it all over again, I'd spend the extra and go process west mind youHere is what it looks like anyway! Definitely worth having FMIC that fills up the bar Edited 08/06/09 10:32 AM by Mat
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now