GR8XR6

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 7d
Guys this is turning into a slagging match! That is not what I set out to do! What I have tried to do is get a good product at a good price! I asked for feedback a while ago for the best position for a surge tank and got some good feedback

[url="http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57035"]HERE[/url]

There wasn't too many other suggestions. If you have an idea of better locations feel free to post in the above link so that maybe another design could be looked at in the future. However there are surge tanks out there that are mounted in this position and I am happy with quality of the product and location.

As to other parts needed I will get back to you on that as HPF did the install for me. Either mat from HPF or myself will let you know. From what I can tell from the invoice obviously you need relay and wiring for the pump and a small length of fuel hose and clamps to the tank.

Adam there is 2 prices one for just tank and another with pump. There is still big savings on this surge tank in comparison to others.

:beerchug: Edited by GR8XR6

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d
I see that mate. As stated, my comment was in reference to the Ebay listing.

Well done for looking for an alternative to what's already on the market.
Personally, i'd rather pay the extra for the Rapid or Process West setup. They're plug and play so to speak and the of highest quality.

• Member For: 17y 10m 26d
[quote name='Adam' post='874242' date='May 9 2009, 01:48 PM']Personally, I'd rather pay the extra for the Rapid or Process West setup. They're plug and play so to speak and the of highest quality.[/quote]

Well, one of them is high quality...the other is a poor attempt at a copy of my unit....still, I feel great knowing that I am helping a fellow Aussie in need....shame it wont fit with the ZF trans (which is 80% of the market). :beerchug:

Kev Edited by Process West

Guest EGOXRT
  • Guests
No offense intended here to Chris but what makes this a better Tank?
Top one is one of Rapids from his range.
They look very similar and the one on offer here seem to be much better finished and priced.

[attachment=45676:surge_203.jpg]

[attachment=45677:post_401...18_thumb.jpg] Edited by EGOXRT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 13d
[quote name='Process West' post='874321' date='May 9 2009, 06:49 PM']Well, one of them is high quality...the other is a poor attempt at a copy of my unit....still, I feel great knowing that I am helping a fellow Aussie in need....shame it wont fit with the ZF trans (which is 80% of the market). :censored:

Kev[/quote]
Yep...pretty sad when you do all the research and development and another company does a cheap ass imitation of it that's made in another country.
I know who's surge tank will be sitting under my FG Kev. I don't mind the look of the tank that you are trying to get a group buy on GR8XR6, but I prefer the process west tanks for their looks and they transfer less pump noise being alloy

• Member For: 15y 10m 10d
[quote name='Process West' post='874321' date='May 9 2009, 06:49 PM']Well, one of them is high quality...the other is a poor attempt at a copy of my unit....still, I feel great knowing that I am helping a fellow Aussie in need....shame it wont fit with the ZF trans (which is 80% of the market). :spit:

Kev[/quote]
Mate my tanks are 100% Australian made, you can come watch me build one if you like. All Products used are bought from ballarat, this helps the local economy and local jobs. Please dont make up rubbish about them being made in another country.

• Member For: 17y 10m 26d
[quote name='buggzy' post='874397' date='May 9 2009, 10:26 PM']Mate my tanks are 100% Australian made, you can come watch me build one if you like. All Products used are bought from ballarat, this helps the local economy and local jobs. Please dont make up rubbish about them being made in another country.[/quote]

Mate...relax

In my post and F6_Jases post we are not talking about your product...We are talking about a copy of my anti-surge tank that another competitor has produced.

Kev

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d
:spit:

why are you putting this product down, this is a group buy section not a chat thread. if you dont want one then :drool: