TRAUMA Member 11 Member For: 15y 13d Gender: Male Posted 20/02/12 09:57 AM Posted 20/02/12 09:57 AM Greetings!my BF turbo is stock except for a growler CAI, and an aftermarket oil filter with braided lines.after lots of research I think I've figured out the course of my first few mods..1. hiflow cat & dump pipe2. intercooler kit w/ battery relocation (pod filter box on turbo side)3. flash tune w/ injectors & fuel pump4. wastegate actuator ?? (suggested by the mechanic)I havent decided on a power figure that I want to achieve, and id rather spend a little more on solid upgrades then get bang for buck.. not having a heap of cash upfront, these few mods would take place over the next few, maybe 6 months.a couple of questions for you all =) ....1. a number of threads and websites have mentioned upgrading the valve springs, my bf build date is 08/06, should I be looking at this upgrade too?2. is it likely that ill run into issues if I hold off to get the flash tune ??3. there are so many brands & performance shops out there, I have been looking at ces for the exhaust, processwest for the IC and a herrod motorsport flash tune, no idea for injectors and pump yet.. any thoughts or suggestions as to these providers or any noteworthy alternatives?thanks for your help! =)
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 14d Gender: Male Posted 20/02/12 08:08 PM Posted 20/02/12 08:08 PM By the looks of it mate, your heading in the right direction. All the brands you've chosen are quality products and your list of mods will be good for about 330rwkw.Your valve springs should be fine but you won't really know till you get it tuned.You can hold off to get the flash tune but it's not recommended that you drive around with a high flow cat. Your car also won't run with the new injectors.Injectors you could go bosch 42lb but if you do decide to put a full exhaust and a retune in the future you might want 60lb dekas or id1000s. Fuel pump- Just a walbro will do.Try calling Herrod to see what they say. Or maybe even Mick at Pitlane if your out that way.
seangt40 Member 44 Member For: 14y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook NSW Posted 22/02/12 03:24 PM Posted 22/02/12 03:24 PM Realise this is an old entry, BUT cop XR6T,S & all cop cars have their own service schedules that dont follow Ford schedule. Serviced every 10000kms. brake fluid changed every 10000kms along with diff fluid. They dont use ford diff additive for LSD,s but a Nulon additive. Seems to work just as well but cant comment on longevity as it gets changed every 10000kms. ANY cop vehicle I have had any experience with has NOT had the factory service schedule adhered to & thus may cause you a sh*t storm if you ask for warranty claims on even if still in factory km limit. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
The Outsider Legacy Donating Member 1,205 Member For: 15y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Burwood, NSW Posted 22/02/12 09:26 PM Posted 22/02/12 09:26 PM YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!so a car that has been serviced well before the ford scheduals wont be covered?what planet are you from?
stormsearcher Legacy Donating Member 28 Member For: 15y 5m 10d Posted 11/03/12 03:02 AM Posted 11/03/12 03:02 AM Hi,. called up the dealer and was quoted 10$ for a trade in for my BA mkii xr6t with 94k,full service history and immaculate condition. I think its not worth it so have started to mod it. the idea is to spend less for more gains. I drive on the street usually long fast drives of approx 2k kms per drive.just bought the following 2nd airintake from a typhoonautotechica intercoolerpwr trascoolerhks bov -sequentialam chasing 300kw approxalso planning to get valve springs- should I get crow with retainers or 'performance springs' on ebay for half the price using existing retainers?a flash tunera dyno tunedo I need injectors? 60lb or 80lb?how good or bad or redback exhausts? or shoould I get just a high flowing cat?what suspension options do I have? want a firmer ride -typhoon type r dampers maybe?wheels- what are the best options for touring? thinking typhoon or similar 18s. also for the diff oil which I change every service- the castrol recomended in the owners manual does not need any additives I suppose?how can the 4speed auto internals be beefed up?your expert feedback will be much appreciated.
Encrypt FPV Member 5 Member For: 15y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour Posted 12/03/12 07:25 AM Posted 12/03/12 07:25 AM Recent dyno results on my FG F6.Exhaust, intercooler, injectors, wastegate mod.
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/03/12 08:06 AM Posted 12/03/12 08:06 AM Recent dyno results on my FG F6.Exhaust, intercooler, injectors, wastegate mod.Forgot to upload the pic mate.
broke Legacy Donating Member 229 Member For: 14y 11m 24d Gender: Male Posted 14/03/12 03:24 AM Posted 14/03/12 03:24 AM is there much gains to be had from injectors, cat and tune on an fg xr6t? im not chasing massive numbers. anywhere between 250-300 would be ideal.
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/03/12 03:41 AM Posted 14/03/12 03:41 AM Would probably be around the 300 mark, but the cooler and intake would be holding you back.
Aaron Smith New Member 8 Member For: 14y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Western Australia, Perth, south of river Posted 23/04/12 06:37 AM Posted 23/04/12 06:37 AM Great read thanxs for all the info
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now