Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: gladstone qld
Posted

just wondering if anyone has had any experience with upgrading the diff in an xr6 turbo ute. as far as I know they are a 28 spline axle but I have heard you can get 31 spline axles and different centres for them. I am planning on doin a fair bit of drag racing and burnouts with it so I want to upgrade before it breaks but I dont want to go to a nine inch. :thumbdown:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA
Posted

as far as burnouts go they seem to be allright hey, I try and do as many as I can on weekends and have never had a problem

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

The diffs in these things are already pretty solid, but give malwood a msg and have a chat to them, they just rebuilt my diff and its bulletproof.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

a friend of mine smashed his diff doing skids and all manner of stupid sh*t.

he ended up getting a 9 inch custom made and installed. though they dont come cheap..

im pretty sure it ended up costing him around the $5000.

that's got him the custom made diff, 3.7 diff gears, and the rear section of the tailshaft custom made to suit.

it still isnt finished yet either as the front section of the tailshaft is yet to be completed!!!

after he had it done he was over the moon!!!! he did say that the diff was a touch noiser, but was assured that this is normal

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

PM DUS12 pretty sure he's got something fancy for his!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 2d
Posted

I got a narrowed 9 inch with cal tracks 31spline axels full spool a heaps of DISH ha ha ssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: gladstone qld
Posted

yeah the torana I had had a 9 inch in it. I dont want to go that route if I dont have to cause I dont really want a mod plate and stuff when I might be able to upgrade the current diff. just saves a lot of hassle that's all. has anyone put bigger axles and centre in the standard diff

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d
Posted
a friend of mine smashed his diff doing skids and all manner of stupid sh*t.

he ended up getting a 9 inch custom made and installed. though they dont come cheap..

im pretty sure it ended up costing him around the $5000.

that's got him the custom made diff, 3.7 diff gears, and the rear section of the tailshaft custom made to suit.

it still isnt finished yet either as the front section of the tailshaft is yet to be completed!!!

after he had it done he was over the moon!!!! he did say that the diff was a touch noiser, but was assured that this is normal

hey was your mates a turbo or just a xr6, standard xr6 has smaller diff.

these cars have m86 in them which stands for 8.6 inch gears so not much

off a 9 inch lol.

turbo ute79

try xD 9 INCH DIFF it might be right lenght but your brakes will be very small have to get some sort of mod for that.

need like a xD fairlane or fairmont they had disc brake rear on them, I think its zd fairlane or something

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted
I got a narrowed 9 inch with cal tracks 31spline axels full spool a heaps of DISH ha ha ssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

You got any pics of that rear end of urs Kent???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...