Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Due to a tuner/workshop (non-site sponsor) doing nothing in 5 weeks, and I literally mean close to no work and ordering of parts, I pulled out of that build and have decided to do it myself with the help of a couple of actual friends. So far I have at hand the below parts:

  1. Mahle powerpak pistons
  2. Argo conrods
  3. Ross harmonic balancer
  4. Plazmaman plenum
  5. Atomic race crank girdle and mains studs
  6. Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump
  7. Aeromotive billet fuel pump controller
  8. Kostecki billet oil pump gears
  9. For eGas donor motor

These parts are on the cards:

  1. Atomic cam shaft
  2. Snort T51R turbo kit (custom T51R turbo, manifold, dump pipe, wastegate, fuel reg, teflon/braided oil supply & return, surge tank)
  3. ARP head studs
  4. ACL bearings

Still a bit to do but I'm looking for to the project and making 1000 bhp.

Edited by straughsberry
  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Mmmmm niiiice.

If you don't make a build thread with photos Steph I'm gonna slap you, and then run away... :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nowra
Posted

I think I speak for everone in saying this

we cant what to see this bad boy....

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: QLD
Posted

Check boostdrifting.com as a guy had a new t51 and snort manifold at a very good price.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted
Mmmmm niiiice.

If you don't make a build thread with photos Steph I'm gonna slap you, and then run away... :clap:

And the slap is meant to be a deterrent for not taking photos :)

James of course there'll be photos. Plenty of them. Get the donor motor on Friday. Picked up a complete eGas motor for 800. Got an engine stand I'll start to tear down the donor unit on the weekend. I've taken a few shots of just the parts but when I get most of the gear, I might just line it all up and take a group pic.

I think I speak for everone in saying this

we cant what to see this bad boy....

Yeah either can I. I've been thinking/planning it for about 8 months now. Tried to get it started 2 months ago but the dude I passed the baton too decided to try and hatch it, the baton that is. Or is that where I want to put the baton? I forget.

Check boostdrifting.com as a guy had a new t51 and snort manifold at a very good price.

Hey thanks for the heads up mate but I'm already being looked after in that department. Tried to take a squiz anyway, but boostdrifting.com seems to have broken an axle at the moment.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Did you get all of the money back?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted (edited)

No Adam just 20% so far. He's promised on 3 occasions he'd pay back the lot and missed all 3 dates. I am very disappointed in the man to say the least. haven't given up yet.

Edited by straughsberry
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 10d
Posted

interesting build!

personally I would forget about big numbers and concentrate on making it super reliable. looks like you are well on your way to selecting the right pieces to make it so. just when you thought you have it all figured out, your only just beginning.

in the next few weeks my car is finally coming together (very similar engine package) so keep and eye on it, maybe borrow (read: steal) any ideas that may help in your goal.

good luck with it!

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
No Adam just 20% so far. He's promised on 3 occasions he'd pay back the lot and missed all 3 dates. I am very disappointed in the man to say the least. haven't given up yet.

Don't give up!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted (edited)

A few pics for your viewing pleasure...

post-12741-1241935228_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935246_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935240_thumb.jpg

post-12741-1241935235_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935267_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935273_thumb.jpg

post-12741-1241935281_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935258_thumb.jpg post-12741-1241935300_thumb.jpg

post-12741-1241935293_thumb.jpg

Edited by tab

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...