Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)
If it's a ford your after I would say an ESP is only going to go up in value, not to huge figures like the XY but they will be worth more in the future then they are today.. If I were going to buy a car as an investment I would be hunting down an R34 GTR in good condition and sticking it in the shed, maybe even a late 90's WRX or any of the evos. In 20 years time if pertol is still around and all the gen-X's start hitting retirmentment the first thing they are going to want is a toy from back in the day.

Can't afford one at the moment but, I'd love to have a Ford that I could put in storage and takeout on special occassions or a weekend drive. Even better if after 10 years of ownership it had actually increased in value, though not likely.

There's been plenty of discussion regarding GTRs, Evos and STis on the other thread. I wouldn't mind a 2 door MY99STi to put in the shed either.

What about a DJR320?

Edited by TCR
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
Posted

have to agree with most people, I wouldn't buy something just for an investment, rather for the sheer pleasure of knowing you have something quite special and then driving the damn thing. what's the point of a mega $ ultra rare car that never gets driven or seen in public, now that's a crime!

im quite fond of my uber rare sti s201. not as an investment, just for the sake of owning/driving something so unique and rare! any chance I get, its driven and enjoyed as it was engineered to be used, including braving the odd stone chip or three.....you can never be afraid to take them out!

s201avatarmaterial.jpg

the rarest and most powerfuel (meanest looking) wrx ever built, one of only 300 and the only one in oz.

  • Just a large member member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
If it's a ford your after I would say an ESP is only going to go up in value, not to huge figures like the XY but they will be worth more in the future then they are today..

ESP whats an esp,don't even have a special code on there tags.A esp and a fairmont ghia have the same code on there tags so hopefully ford has a record because no one else has.You can't buy anything for them a lemon stay away no one want's them better off with an replica xy.Cheers Nick

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

What about the first turbo falcons to come out in the 80's? The grand prix ones that nobody bought? They would be pretty rare

  • Banned
  • Member For: 18y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: perth
Posted

that bit about the pineapple is it with or without the skin

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I started this thread purely as a topic of discussion and gather peoples thoughts and opinions on the subject.

I'm not really in a position to buy anything now, but one day I wouldn't mind getting something. If I did, it would be a weekend/special occassion car. Of course it'd still be something I'd I love but it'd be a bonus if it held its value at least?

What about a Dick Johnson Grand Prix Turbo, always had a sweet spot for turbo cars :sleepystuff:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: S.E Suburbs!
Posted

something is only worth what someone is gonna pay for it

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

RPO83's would be the next big thing from Ford.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

A Mclaren F1 and Bugatti Veron would be the only 2 cars I can think will increase in value. The F1 cost $1mil new and is now worth $2.5mil and the Veron is about the same.

Recent rare failures are cars like the very limited Subaru 22B STI, this car cost over $100k and only 200 were made, yet I can get one with <10,000km for $80k.

I was seriously looking at a 4 door R33GTR and only 442 were ever made, yet I can get one for $20k.

Even the coverted Z Tune GTR R34 is falling out of favour as there is always something better. You will see that you get speculators in the market to buy cars like the BF Cobra and then try to sell them for inflated prices.

Even today you can open up Unique cars and see a brand new Cobra for $65k and then the next page one with 24,000km for $85k. People think that there car is worth what they are selling them for, but it will never sell.

In todays climate people are more careful about their money. People who paid $500k+ for their GTHO ph3 will realise they have paid too much as they are now back to $400k.

I doubt many cars in the last 5 years will be worth more than scrap value in 30 years time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...