TCR Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/02/09 12:48 AM Posted 04/02/09 12:48 AM (edited) Hey Guys,After a few weeks of research and reading I've finally ordered all the parts to lower my 2005 BF XR6 Turbo. I decided to do the properly the first time around, so I'm replacing the shocks and bump stops as well as the springs. These parts should give me a finished ride height of approx 335mm in the front and 350mm in the rear, as opposed to the 360mm in the front and 375mm in the rear of my standard car.I sourced all the parts through Fulcrum Suspensions for just under $1300 because I have a good relationship with the Capalaba branch manager. PM me if you want his details and are interested in similar items. These are the parts and part numbers:Bilstein Shock AbsorbersFront: B46-1255BARear: BE5-62670King SpingsFront: KFFL-57SLRear: KFRL-68SSLSuperpro Bump StopsRear: SPF2787KI'll add before and after photos when I get a chance.Paul. Edited 04/02/09 12:48 AM by TCR
TCR Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/02/09 11:45 PM Author Posted 04/02/09 11:45 PM Before photos, after to follow.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 05/02/09 12:40 AM Posted 05/02/09 12:40 AM Sh*t mate... For $1300 ya cant go wrong!Should look great, make sure ya get plenty of pics up.
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 05/02/09 02:03 AM Posted 05/02/09 02:03 AM Sh*t mate... For $1300 ya cant go wrong!Well ya could go wrong, might be to low? or not low enough... lolna should be good
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/02/09 07:49 AM Posted 05/02/09 07:49 AM what suspension setup will you be going for in the after shots?
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 05/02/09 07:52 AM Posted 05/02/09 07:52 AM Wow - lol...XR64LT ----- Did ya read the first post lol???Hey Guys,After a few weeks of research and reading I've finally ordered all the parts to lower my 2005 BF XR6 Turbo. I decided to do the properly the first time around, so I'm replacing the shocks and bump stops as well as the springs. These parts should give me a finished ride height of approx 335mm in the front and 350mm in the rear, as opposed to the 360mm in the front and 375mm in the rear of my standard car.I sourced all the parts through Fulcrum Suspensions for just under $1300 because I have a good relationship with the Capalaba branch manager. PM me if you want his details and are interested in similar items. These are the parts and part numbers:Bilstein Shock AbsorbersFront: B46-1255BARear: BE5-62670King SpingsFront: KFFL-57SLRear: KFRL-68SSLSuperpro Bump StopsRear: SPF2787KI'll add before and after photos when I get a chance.Paul.
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/02/09 09:41 AM Posted 05/02/09 09:41 AM what a dickhead I am for some reason I assumed that the brand names where the different suspension setups, not different brand parts, thanks for that Dirty32
graham_h Member 39 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Posted 05/02/09 10:03 AM Posted 05/02/09 10:03 AM where's the lowered pics ?
TCR Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/02/09 10:52 AM Author Posted 05/02/09 10:52 AM where's the lowered pics ?Getting lowered tommorrow. I'll take photos on the weekend.
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 05/02/09 11:03 AM Posted 05/02/09 11:03 AM Yeah, lets see how this looks. Nice set up. But if you wanted to do it right first time, why didnt you get coil overs. Fulcrum do TEIN's which are great.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now