Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 9d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/01/09 09:49 PM Author Posted 12/01/09 09:49 PM I just spoke to the tuner this morning about my trip home, they just keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the tune, "we did 4 other cars like your on friday and your is the only one having problem"thanks that means the world to me....if I had the money I think I would just take it somewhere else to get done... and if they fixed it, I would be off to consumer affairs, as the issue is a by product of the tune... it has to be!
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 12/01/09 09:55 PM Posted 12/01/09 09:55 PM 4 other cars and yours only has a problem I thought these where ment to be custom tunes ,isn't every car different , talk to some else mate they might give you some ideas
Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 9d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/01/09 10:09 PM Author Posted 12/01/09 10:09 PM custom tunes that only have you on the dyno for 1 of them, then the others get edited on the computer and expected to work...who else is having the problems and are they all BA's? or BF's?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/01/09 10:10 PM Posted 12/01/09 10:10 PM What injectors did you end up putting in it mate? 42 or 60s? Do you have a better fuel pump installed? Was the tank full when it was tuned and driven home?
Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 9d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/01/09 10:26 PM Author Posted 12/01/09 10:26 PM bosch 968's, no fuel pump... but I dont need it for what im running...car was full with v-power!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/01/09 10:35 PM Posted 12/01/09 10:35 PM OK, I would never say never in regards to a better than factory fuel pump though...You could have a bad batch of fuel, but its a tricky one here, have you done the Boost Solenoid maintenance?
Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 9d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 13/01/09 05:38 AM Author Posted 13/01/09 05:38 AM OK, I would never say never in regards to a better than factory fuel pump though...You could have a bad batch of fuel, but its a tricky one here, have you done the Boost Solenoid maintenance?must be a both shell and caltex that are bad because I filled up at a caltex before the tune friday then at a shell (a whole tank) monday morning before the tune.the fuel pump can come later down the track is all im saying...no I have not done the boost solenoid maintenance, where is it and what do I have to do???
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 14/01/09 05:03 AM Posted 14/01/09 05:03 AM .....and to top it all off, the gear box started, straight after the "retune" not dropping in to over drive... so now I get to sit on 3 grand on the highway..if I had the money I think I would just take it somewhere else to get done... and if they fixed it, I would be off to consumer affairs, as the issue is a by product of the tune... it has to be!How many k's on your car? Your auto could be shagged out.. It almost sounds like the auto has started to slip which is fairly common given a car drivin on standard auto settings.. ESPECIALLY since I read you were running a Interceptor. An interceptor is unable to make the auto shift firmer which is what is needed for more power.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Gender: Male Posted 14/01/09 06:57 AM Posted 14/01/09 06:57 AM I bet u it does not do it in manual mode ? have u tried ? my friends ba had the same prob. manual mode is fine, but auto is not.
XR6T Drifter Member 113 Member For: 17y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 05/04/09 01:59 PM Posted 05/04/09 01:59 PM this seems to be the same problem I have , comes on boost hard in the mid range it just drops off from say 11-12 down to 6psi but near the top end the boost comes back up again.... too annoying , doesnt seem to do it on the dyno either what could the prob be , the wastegate opening up dropping my boost but it must close again towards the top end , does this mean I need an upgradged gate?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now