MR XR8 Member 77 Member For: 20y 2m 15d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/08 09:31 AM Posted 16/12/08 09:31 AM just wondering what size speakers does the fg run in the front and rear ?
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 16/12/08 11:40 AM Posted 16/12/08 11:40 AM They are a six inch something.They run a speaker in a mount arrangement.I gutted the original mounting frame and fitted 5 1/4" splits in the front and co-ax's in the rear.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/12/08 11:07 PM Posted 16/12/08 11:07 PM Have they changed from the 5x7in?
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 17/12/08 12:52 AM Posted 17/12/08 12:52 AM not sure in the FG, but the BF is/was 5x7
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 17/12/08 02:56 AM Posted 17/12/08 02:56 AM Have they changed from the 5x7in?Yep. Sure have. And there are no longer rear fill speakers on the parcel shelf. They are in the rear doors now.And they are a round speaker.
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 17/12/08 03:10 AM Posted 17/12/08 03:10 AM Round... so r they a 5", 6" or 7"?
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 17/12/08 03:22 AM Posted 17/12/08 03:22 AM Dunno. I didn't get my tape measure out when I gutted them, but they are in between a 6" and 6 1/2".They are part of a special mount that is tilted in towards the driver as well,which is a nice touch I think.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 17/12/08 04:33 AM Posted 17/12/08 04:33 AM Probably like the same plastic mount that was in the front doors of my charade.Speakers in the rear doors generally suck balls as you cant hear them, parcel shelf is better for rear fill.I just made a mdf template mount for my 6.5in MB Quart splits to fit the front of my BA, requires some of the plastic trim behind the grill to be cut out though so the cone doesn't touch but fits nicely with tweeter close below it. Tweeter is tilted but couldn't get the mid to tilt without serious enough mods.I wont have all this running for ages though so cant tell you what it will sound like.Have also sound deadened the outer door skin with flashtac and will do the inner once the speakers are fitted. I got the roll from bunnings for $130, 288mm x 10mt. It isn't as thick as dynamat etc but seems to work well for the price and easy to work with.
FGXR6TUTE Member 57 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/12/08 09:50 PM Posted 30/12/08 09:50 PM The ute rear speakers are 6.5", and are the cheapest speakers I've come across, all plastic frame, tiny magnet. You can seperate the speaker from the angled mount and screw in some 6.5"s, I've used the Alpine SPS-600. Not all 6.5"s speakers are a true 6.5", and in the shop not all brands lined up with the 4 tab Ford mount. I was told Alpine are one of the few that do the proper 6.5".
FGXR6TUTE Member 57 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/12/08 05:33 AM Posted 31/12/08 05:33 AM Pictures of the Alpine SPS-600 and the box of Dynamat I've put into the rear of the ute cabin.I was very disappointed with Ford's lack of any sound deadening in the rear of the ute cabin. The front floor and carpet all have bitumen and heavy underfelt, which would be shared with the sedans, however it's like they ran out of $ to develop anything for the utes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now