Space Sims

Iconic Bionic

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d

mmo, not to sure on IB... It will come to me im sure... oh one sec!

Massive Multiplayer Online... (or something like that)... Means online networked/internet based games...

WOW - World Of Warcraft... check it out on the web... don't play it myself, but far to many people are NUTS about it...

I'm still playing RF (Red Faction) for all those that know what RF is! :peacehippie:

Edited by smicky

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

WOW = World of Warcraft

MMO - Is Massive Mulitplayer Online like Everquest, WOW, Second life and about 100 other games. You will usually pay a monthly fee to play the games.

Have a look at Space Trader. It is a bit like Privateer (mid 1990's). Basicly you own a spaceship and have to make money by doing missions.

The reason there are few Space sims is it is boring just flying around. You need to have more structure with things like missions and fighting.

My favorite is still X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. I still play it today and it is 10 years old.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 6d

Well if anyone remembers and its also 10 years old, this year, its Janes Fleet Command and it still going strong though it doesnt always agree with Win XP.

I.B.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d
mmo, not to sure on IB... It will come to me im sure... oh one sec!

Massive Multiplayer Online... (or something like that)... Means online networked/internet based games...

WOW - World Of Warcraft... check it out on the web... don't play it myself, but far to many people are NUTS about it...

I'm still playing RF (Red Faction) for all those that know what RF is! :peacehippie:

Red Factions is a great game, especially if you like blowing sh*t up.

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, great game with an interesting story line.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d
Red Factions is a great game, especially if you like blowing sh*t up.

100% correct... except far to many young fools get on there now just to do that and nothing else... distroy the maps as the servers have to much geo... and there is to many modding bitches there now too... cheating pricks! :bowdown::bopp::idunno:

Look around enough but and u will find a good server and a good bunch of players... those are the nights da gurly sleeps alone! ehehe

• Member For: 18y 3m 24d

If you liked the original "Elite" there was a sequel for windows called "Privateer 2 - The Darkening".

Same general game play as Elite but with a little better story / game line to it, oh and much better graphics.

It was made for Win95 but there are patches available that allow it to run on XP.

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 5d

IB, did you ever play Frontier Elite II? Quote old, but vastly improved on the original Elite ... I grew up with this stuff.

And again, a few years old but Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are not bad either if you don't mind story-driven space sims ... rumour has it that braben wants to make a new version of Elite ... but has been speaking about it for years...

... was wondering myself if there are any *new* space sims.

Anyone played EVE?

• 2 weeks later...