maco_boy Member 26 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Posted 14/10/08 07:25 PM Posted 14/10/08 07:25 PM Hey guys,everytime I rev my car about 2000 rpm and above I get this weird noise like a wooshhhh vacum type noise,was reving it and my mate was listinging in and said it was coming from the belts spinning,thought it might need to be greased up so I went and took it to a mechanic who said his never heard of this belts on a ford needing grease?anyone have or had similar issue or they can be greased up?Regards, Dragi
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 14/10/08 07:29 PM Posted 14/10/08 07:29 PM if its making a wooshin air sound.. y wud it b a belt being sticky? id say check all hoses to see if any are lose or if there are any cracks in there.. any loss of power? maybe your losing boost somewere along the line and thtas the noise.
maco_boy Member 26 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Posted 14/10/08 08:26 PM Author Posted 14/10/08 08:26 PM just what I thought at first if it was the hoses but all seem to be in place and ran my hand down them and that and no cracks or anything sightable,powerwise everything seems fine no boost lost or anything
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 14/10/08 09:17 PM Posted 14/10/08 09:17 PM make sure you check that bugger of a pipe from the turbo inlet. I found it was always coming loose on mine.
Guest Guests Posted 15/10/08 02:25 AM Posted 15/10/08 02:25 AM If he says there's no boost loss I'm guessing it wont be a boost leak??
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 15/10/08 02:32 AM Posted 15/10/08 02:32 AM Hey guys,everytime I rev my car about 2000 rpm and above I get this weird noise like a wooshhhh vacum type noise,was reving it and my mate was listinging in and said it was coming from the belts spinning,thought it might need to be greased up so I went and took it to a mechanic who said his never heard of this belts on a ford needing grease?anyone have or had similar issue or they can be greased up?Regards, DragiI had the same kinda sound on mine not so long ago nad what I found it to be was the hose that joins the throttle body to the crossover had a small crack in it. You couldn't even see it I had to take it off to discover it. Once I replaced the piece of silicon hose it was fine. I didn't loose and boost either just gave a wooshing type sound. Maybe you might have the same thing. Just a thought.
maco_boy Member 26 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Posted 15/10/08 07:15 AM Author Posted 15/10/08 07:15 AM Thanks mate ill try that and get back to you guys,Dragi,
sensoryamusia Member 398 Member For: 18y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: leeming, PERTH Posted 15/10/08 10:22 PM Posted 15/10/08 10:22 PM I had the same kinda sound on mine not so long ago nad what I found it to be was the hose that joins the throttle body to the crossover had a small crack in it. You couldn't even see it I had to take it off to discover it. Once I replaced the piece of silicon hose it was fine. I didn't loose and boost either just gave a wooshing type sound. Maybe you might have the same thing. Just a thought.this is a common problem with the t'sas soon as I upped my boost that sucker gave me trouble!
civillian Legacy Donating Member 78 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 17/10/08 12:30 AM Posted 17/10/08 12:30 AM Belts shouldn't be greased for 2 reasons (that I can think of)1: Belts are supposed to grip, greasing will make it slip.2: Grease / any petrolium product kills rubber, so it would degrade faster if exposed to any petro-chemical.Definitly check that throttle body joiner. Also check the smaller BOV hose at the rear of the engine.
CaRtZ Member 9 Member For: 17y 10m 11d Posted 23/11/08 09:26 AM Posted 23/11/08 09:26 AM (edited) do u still have it serviced by a ford dealer? if so specifically request that the exhaust manifold and turbo bolts be re-tentioned. this is ment to be done at a specific service (cant remeber which one, might be 30,000) but if the customer isnt complianing of anything they wont bother with it.it could just be a bit of bearing noise from a pulley if your mate thinks its the belt Edited 23/11/08 09:28 AM by CaRtZ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now